The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Israel: "Mass graves" at Gaza hospitals - Alleged-crime, or accumulated casualties?
Quote:Heading: "More than 300 bodies found in mass grave at Gaza [Nasser] hospital, says Gaza Civil Defense": 
April 23, 2024.

Source:
https://edition.cnn.com/2024/04/22/middl...index.html

However, there is more to this story than at first meets the eye, particularly when one recalls news reports about Gaza hospitals dating from November 2023: 

Quote:Heading: "Al-Shifa: WHO says Gaza hospital unable to bury dead bodies": 
November 14, 2023.

"Around the hospital [here Al-Shifa] there are dead bodies which cannot be taken care of or not even be buried or taken away to any sort of morgue," he [Christian Lindmeier, a spokesman for the WHO] said. "The hospital is not working at all any more as it should. It's nearly a cemetery."

Source: 
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-67410093

Quote:Heading: "WHO plans more evacuations from Gaza [Nasser] hospital as bodies buried on grounds":
Updated February 23, 2024.

Source:
https://news.yahoo.com/plans-more-evacua...27903.html

Quote:November 14, 2023.
"[...] Bodies are being buried in a mass grave at Gaza City’s largest hospital [Al-Shifa], health officials say. [...]"
[Note: On the webpage the latter sentence is a link - Click the sentence on the web page to see more detail on the same webpage (as follows):]

"Workers at Al-Shifa, the biggest hospital in Gaza City, buried dozens of bodies in a mass grave on its complex on Tuesday because they had started to decompose and posed a health hazard, according to medical authorities in Gaza, signaling the increasingly dire conditions at the facility amid Israel’s military campaign to eradicate Hamas." 

Source:
https://www.nytimes.com/live/2023/11/14/...a-war-news

Thus it would appear that these "mass graves" may be comprised rather of accumulated-casualties, rather than be any alleged "war crime".

The news about alleged Gaza hospital "mass graves" does however also coincide with student protests at U.S. universities in support of Hamas, where the students are alleging, as usual devoid of any evidence, Israeli "genocide" in Gaza.
The protesters neither have or want evidence.

Most just want anarchy.

If they were serious about their cause, they would be or should have been conducting the same protests for the over 11,000 Ukraine civilians who have been killed since the start of that war.

I'll bet if you ask them how many Ukraine civilians have been killed since the war started they wouldn't have a clue.
The United States is not funding the invasion of Ukraine. Thus no basis for protesting US support of Russian forces.
The Media seem to be discussing the U.S. student protests in support of Hamas, as a protest against Israel which is leading to anti-Semitism impacting Jewish students, whereas it is anti-Semitism that is at the basis of support for the Palestinian Arabs. 
How can this be detected? The typical allegations against Israel lack objective evidential basis.
(04-25-2024, 11:24 AM)robrecht Wrote: The United States is not funding the invasion of Ukraine. Thus no basis for protesting US support of Russian forces.

If that comment were to imply that Israel is guilty of "invasion" it would be inappropriate, since Israel is re-established within the Jewish ancestral homeland, of which Gaza, and Judah and Samaria ("West Bank") are part - The reader can view a map of the previous indigenous sovereign state prior to modern Israel - the post-Biblical Hasmonean Kingdom:  
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c...ingdom.jpg
(04-25-2024, 11:24 AM)robrecht Wrote: The United States is not funding the invasion of Ukraine. Thus no basis for protesting US support of Russian forces.

I understand we are not funding Russia, but my point is I don't see protesters who seem to care about the slaughter of 11,000 innocent civilians in the Ukraine.

Why aren't they outside of the Russian Embassy protesting?

Don't they care about all people?

Or maybe they have an agenda?

If I'm not mistaken, they starter protesting right after Oct. 7th, BEFORE Israel even responded to the brutal murder of thousands of innocent civilians and babies.
(04-25-2024, 08:57 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote:

I understand we are not funding Russia, but my point is I don't see protesters who seem to care about the slaughter of 11,000 innocent civilians in the Ukraine.

Why aren't they outside of the Russian Embassy protesting?

Don't they care about all people?

Or maybe they have an agenda?

If I'm not mistaken, they starter protesting right after Oct. 7th, BEFORE Israel even responded to the brutal murder of thousands of innocent civilians and babies.

Rather my point too. The pattern is that the primary support which the Palestinian Arabs receive, is from anti-Semites. Its really quite clear in any event, since the Hamas supporters for example, make allegations against Israel which cannot be verified from any objective evidence. 
How to test "views", or alleged-"criticism", against Israel for anti-Semitism?: 
The allegations made are those typically devoid of objective evidence, and thus are not only unverified, but also unverifiable!
Does it help to see an agenda? You can't bomb the agenda out of everyone who supports the Palestinian Arabs. I don't have answers, but calling all people (Jews and Non-Jews) anti-Semites who don't agree with everything you say isn't fair and doesn't help (real anti-Semitism is hiding and thriving in the shadows of this inflationary use of the word anti-Semitism).

There was a woman on I24 news who talked about her son being a hostage. She introduced him to the audience: he was a friendly, animal-loving boy, a musician, with many friends. The mother said she was sure the government would do the right thing and bring her son back. A few weeks later I heard that this boy was shot by the IDF. He and 2 other hostages had survived on the battlefield, waving a white flag and speaking Hebrew.
(04-27-2024, 03:25 PM)Blue Bird Wrote: Does it help to see an agenda? You can't bomb the agenda out of everyone who supports the Palestinian Arabs. I don't have answers, but calling all people (Jews and Non-Jews) anti-Semites who don't agree with everything you say isn't fair and doesn't help (real anti-Semitism is hiding and thriving in the shadows of this inflationary use of the word anti-Semitism). [...]

In my previous post I interpreted the word "searchinmyroots" used: "agenda", as referring to attitudes indicating anti-Semitism. People often suggest the term "anti-Semitism" is inappropriately used. While some may use it inappropriately, in my previous post I explained how "anti-Semitism" can accurately be detected. 

For the reader's convenience I copy that here:
'How to test "views", or alleged-"criticism", against Israel for anti-Semitism?:
The allegations made are those typically devoid of objective evidence, and thus are not only unverified, but also unverifiable!
'

Thus clearly nothing whatsoever to do with mis-labelling views of those (quoting from "BlueBird"): 
"who don't agree with everything you say".

Quote:Blue Bird:
[...] There was a woman on I24 news who talked about her son being a hostage. She introduced him to the audience: he was a friendly, animal-loving boy, a musician, with many friends. The mother said she was sure the government would do the right thing and bring her son back. A few weeks later I heard that this boy was shot by the IDF. He and 2 other hostages had survived on the battlefield, waving a white flag and speaking Hebrew.

This appears to refer to the Hamas hostages: 
Yotam Haim (age 28), 
Alon Shamriz (age 26) 
and Samer Talalka (age 24) 
who attempted to be rescued by trying to surrender to, but were shot dead by, IDF soldiers, on December 15, 2023. 
They appear to have done everything logical to identify themselves to the IDF.
Their deaths were a tragic mistake.

The reader can see further detail here:
https://www.timesofisrael.com/and-sudden...king-blow/

And here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killing_of...er_Talalka

The reader can see previous attempts by the IDF to rescue Hamas hostages, here: 
https://www.timesofisrael.com/2-troops-s...-breaking/
Robert, yes I know what you said. "The first casualty of war is the truth". Who can say for sure what is true? Checking the facts isn't always easy if you aren't on the ground.

You're right. I was refering to the heartbreaking story of Yotam Haim.