The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introduction: I'm Roman Catholic
Hi, I'm a Catholic. I had some questions about Judaism so I came looking for a forum. If it's an issue that I'm here or I make you feel uncomfortable, I understand and I can leave. I'm just here because I had some questions about Judaism and was looking to learn more.

The last thing I want to do is overstay any welcome, so do let me know.

It's nice to meet you all, and I hope that you all have a wonderful day!
Welcome to the forum Jude!

The first 3 posts are moderated to keep out spam and bots.

Looking forward to your questions to help you learn more about Judaism.
Well, one of the major things that I find in Christian theological studies is that Judaism is viewed through a lens that doesn't take in Jewish perspective and that's a huge problem for me and I'm. Another thing I was curious about was what are some of the Jewish perspectives on the nature of the relationship between Judaism and Christianity.

I'll try to direct my topics for discussion to the appropriate forum, and where I err, do let me know. Also, let me know if you need me to limit my talking about JC or Christianity in general as, again, I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable.
We welcome all questions and look forward to them. Nice to have you at the forum!
Hello and Welcome, Jude.
Welcome Jude86. . . Glad you joined.

I met a Nun this last year. She worked in one of the poorest regions on the world for many years. She certainly earned my respect as a person. Good quality human being I might say.
Welcome Jude86!  As my welcome gift to you, I present you with an honorary Jewish name that is an anagram of your screen identity:

Yehudi X.J. Geist
= Jude Eighty-six

Yehudi (יהודי): Hebrew, meaning "Jewish."

Geist:  Ashkenazic surname, meaning "mind, spirit."

Jude86 Wrote:Another thing I was curious about was what are some of the Jewish perspectives on the nature of the relationship between Judaism and Christianity.

I pretty much get along with people of all religions (or no religion at all).  I figure that, whatever they believe (or don't believe) is probably working for them.  Just as my being a Jew works for me. 

I don't get along with people who try to push their beliefs on others, especially those doing so through deception or violence.
Heart !לחיים

(02-20-2019, 03:23 PM)Jude86 Wrote: Well, one of the major things that I find in Christian theological studies is that Judaism is viewed through a lens that doesn't take in Jewish perspective and that's a huge problem for me and I'm. Another thing I was curious about was what are some of the Jewish perspectives on the nature of the relationship between Judaism and Christianity.

I'll try to direct my topics for discussion to the appropriate forum, and where I err, do let me know. Also, let me know if you need me to limit my talking about JC or Christianity in general as, again, I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable.

Thank you for your concern.

I would say you can start asking questions but limit them to one or two at a time. You can talk about JC and if we think it starts to go in the wrong direction, we'll let you know.

Just so you know, we have several members here who once followed Christianity and are pretty well versed. So most topics we are probably already familiar with.
Oh dear, I didn't see this before typing up my huge a$$ post. Welp! We'll see how it goes.
(02-20-2019, 09:48 PM)Jude86 Wrote: Oh dear, I didn't see this before typing up my huge a$$ post. Welp! We'll see how it goes.

The only reason I requested only one or two questions at a time is because if there are too many at one time, some get lost and many times the posts go in different directions.

I just like to focus sometimes!! Smile