The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Translate please
Please translate attached photo

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(07-04-2023, 12:57 PM)Fredqqq Wrote: Please translate attached photo

My dictionary says it means God, pronounced HaShem or Adonai. What I don't understand is the spelling. When you read it, it doesn't sound like any of those words.
(07-04-2023, 02:11 PM)Blue Bird Wrote:
(07-04-2023, 12:57 PM)Fredqqq Wrote: Please translate attached photo

My dictionary says it means God, pronounced HaShem or Adonai. What I don't understand is the spelling. When you read it, it doesn't sound like any of those words.

You need to understand that you are not looking at an actual word. The double yud is a placeholder for the tetragrammation rather than writing out the entire name. Why the double yud? Explanations vary. The thing to remember is just as the tetragrammaton is never pronounced when countered in text, but rather the word adonai, or sometimes the phrase Hashem, is said instead, so too the placeholder, the two yuds, substitutes the same.
בקש שלום ורדפהו
Thank you, Rabbi. Hm, so a placeholder for the placeholder. Sure, 2 yuds are less dominant on the beautiful window picture, but I think I would prefer the word El or Jah in the star.
Rabbi,

So grateful for the help!  Makes perfect sense.