The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the messiah supposed to be a (one) person?
(06-10-2019, 02:22 PM)Peergint Wrote: Hello I am new here so please bear with me with my replies.

I am a Christian and have a lot of trouble understanding why Jewish people deny that the Messiah has already come.

I think that your Jewish bible contains only the Tanakh, an acronym for Torah, Neviim, Ketuvim--the three divisions of the text. These divisions are different from those in Christian Bibles.

I think that the prophecies in the Bible have to be explored. I'm sure they have, by scholars, Rabbi's and other more intellectual and intelligent people than I, but the prophecies of the Bible were completely fulfilled by Jesus.

Just suppose that Jews are wrong in their beliefs and Jesus has come and will come again for His own, what's going to happen then?

I'm only asking so that I understand, so it's a question not an accusation.

I have tried to talk to Jews on one other occasion outside a Synagogue but they would not talk to me.

Thank you.

Peergint

Hello Peergint and welcome to the forum.

Just to let you know, the first 3 posts are moderated to keep out spam and bots.

Let me try to explain as to why we know the awaited messiah has not arrived yet.

There are specific events listed that will happen during the arrival of the messiah.

1- There will be world peace

2 - There will be a in-gathering of the Jewish people (all tribes including the lost ones)

3- The 3rd Temple will be built or will start to be built

Last time I looked, none of these things have occurred.

Yes, our Jewish bible contains 3 sections as you noted. Not sure why you say "only" as that is what our bible is. Nothing more, nothing less.

Yes, the prophecies have been and continue to be explored. No, Jesus did not fulfill them.

We don't worry if "we are wrong" because we follow what G-d has asked us to. So we are very comfortable with our beliefs.

What if you are wrong and are following a god that is different than the one of the Hebrew bible?

Just to let you know, we have been down this road for thousands of years and we are pretty sure we know what our bible says. Several members of this forum used to follow Christianity but have since learned of the misinterpretations and twisting of the Hebrew bible and no longer believe that Jesus is the Jewish messiah.

If you want to continue our conversation, please make a post in the Counter-missionary sub forum.

Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is the messiah supposed to be a (one) person? - by Peergint - 06-10-2019, 02:22 PM
RE: Is the messiah supposed to be a (one) person? - by searchinmyroots - 06-10-2019, 03:51 PM