The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Iberia
Another question I want to make is why there is only a small amount of jews in Iberia, with it being an ancient jewry place I thought more jews would relocate there, the locals are kind people they know how to speak english and they welcome you back.
Can you tell me why askenasim, sephardim or mizrahi are not flocking in big numbers to sefarad?
How familiar are you with the history of Jews in Spain?

Are you familiar with fairly recent polls that were taken regarding the views of Spaniards toward Jews?
בקש שלום ורדפהו
(04-29-2019, 11:55 PM)RabbiO Wrote: How familiar are you with the history of Jews in Spain?

Are you familiar with fairly recent polls that were taken regarding the views of Spaniards toward Jews?

I know some things but not too much.
About those polls i understand why you might not want to return but being Portugal and Spain safe countries i think it is a good idea for you to return
(04-30-2019, 05:51 AM)Iberian Wrote:
(04-29-2019, 11:55 PM)RabbiO Wrote: How familiar are you with the history of Jews in Spain?

About those polls i understand why you might not want to return but being Portugal and Spain safe countries i think it is a good idea for you to return

Are you familiar with the concept of galut? We consider Israel to be our ancestral home, not Portugal or Spain. We talk of returning to Israel from every other country to which Jews have been scattered.
(04-30-2019, 06:28 AM)Jason Wrote:
(04-30-2019, 05:51 AM)Iberian Wrote:

Are you familiar with the concept of galut? We consider Israel to be our ancestral home, not Portugal or Spain. We talk of returning to Israel from every other country to which Jews have been scattered.

Ok now I understand.
De Oscar is a surname of Portuguese Sephardic Jewish origin, very common among the Jews of Belmonte and Lisbon and present in Sephardic communities