The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems with missionaries
Just curious how many times people run into missionaries, and especially those who target Jews. There was a big push a few years ago in our area, with DVD's concerning "completed" Jews which were left on the door step of homes with mezuzahs, but I haven't seen much since then.
A few years ago we had the same big push here. I think it was part of a movement titled "Behold Your G-d" or something like that.

They had millions of dollars to spend from contributions by many, many churches and organizations throughout the country.

They did the same thing, mailing books and DVD's to Jewish neighborhoods.

That was about 3 or 4 years ago. Haen't seen much since, just your normal people on the street.
They may be out there but I haven't seen any.
To be is to stand for. - Abraham Joshua Heschel
I wonder if the previous attempt was such a flop they put future attempts on hold.
(05-15-2019, 01:23 AM)Chavak Wrote: I wonder if the previous attempt was such a flop they put future attempts on hold.

I wouldn't count on it.

They're probably just accumulating money for the next round!

If I'm not mistaken, the last one was worth a couple million dollars!!
I don't live in a Jewish area, so I don't deal with it at all. The only issue I have ever had was when my husband's Messianic Christian boss sent home a book for me about Jesus and that was years ago.
A recent attempt by Christian missionaries to infiltrate Chassidic areas:

https://forward.com/fast-forward/424516/...ity-fraud/

https://www.jta.org/2019/05/17/united-st...bout-jesus
My friend has been experiencing a lot of it. He told me that some missionaries were trying to "chase down" one of his friends: and he meant that literally: they ran after his friend. There are even a few of them on the university campus that belong to a hateful church that goes after everyone-even other Christians.
(05-31-2019, 09:11 AM)Jude86 Wrote: My friend has been experiencing a lot of it. He told me that some missionaries were trying to "chase down" one of his friends: and he meant that literally: they ran after his friend. There are even a few of them on the university campus that belong to a hateful church that goes after everyone-even other Christians.

Wow, that's a little too aggressive I would say.

From my experience, if one is well educated to know how to respond, they usually go away as they realize they cannot convert you. They usually leave with "What is your name, I want to pray for you".
I always found the idea of needing to convert anyone offensive. As for rebuttals to missionaries, they're usually pretty easy to come by. I'm a Roman Catholic, myself, but that doesn't mean I can't see the weaknesses in the positions taken by many Christians.