The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Regrets before death
An interesting article about the regrets people have about how they have lived their lives, once they are nearing the end of it.
Much of the regrets are what you would expect.
Do you have anything different?

For me, instead of being regretful for not keeping track of friends, it would be losing track of family members. We are spread all over and it was easy to have happen.
I also would regret not traveling, something I am currently trying to remedy. I want to see how others in the world live, and to see the natural beauty and historical creations
of man before I pass on.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/study-rev...aff-lilpar&veh=aff_src.aff-lilpar_c.partners_pkw.10078_net.mediapartner_plc.Skimbit%20Ltd._pcrid.449670_learning&trk=aff_src.aff-lilpar_c.partners_pkw.10078_net.mediapartner_plc.Skimbit%20Ltd._pcrid.449670_learning&irgwc=1
A related article, about how having meaning in life leads to good health and longer life:

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2019/05/25...ked-health

"Having a purpose in life may decrease your risk of dying early, according to a study published Friday.

Researchers analyzed data from nearly 7,000 American adults between the ages of 51 and 61 who filled out psychological questionnaires on the relationship between mortality and life purpose.

What they found shocked them, according to Celeste Leigh Pearce, one of the authors of the study published in JAMA Current Open.

People who didn't have a strong life purpose — which was defined as "a self organizing life aim that stimulates goals" — were more likely to die than those who did, and specifically more likely to die of cardiovascular diseases.""
I think Judaism strongly promotes purpose which I also believe is a good (actually great) thing.

The only regrets I can think of currently, are some of the not so good things I did when i was younger.

Yes they were learning experiences, but if I hurt others and cannot say I am sorry (because I have no idea who they are or where they may be) then it's something that lingers in my mind that I'd like to make amends for.