The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Emergency preparation
After hearing about the recent tornadoes, was wondering if anyone has emergency preparedness kits for things that could happen in your area?
I live in an area where such things don't occur, most likely thing to have happen is either a fire or perhaps an unusual winter of snow. I keep a couple
of bottles of water in the basement, along with a small camp stove and a bottle of propane. And I have matches and candles. That's it. I don't tend to 
keep much food in the house.

Have you thought about what you would need during and emergency, the type of emergency, and have you started an emergency kit?
Since Super Storm Sandy hit us, many people have purchased generators. I personally do not have one.

I do keep extra water and food (non-perishable) in the house, but it's really just part of my food pantry. I could easily last a week or 2 if need be.

Just hope I never have to find out!!!
I do have a generator, but have only had to use it once in the last several years. A heavy snow took care of the electricity for a day or two, and if it wasn't for the refridgerator I wouldn't have worried about it.
(05-29-2019, 01:07 AM)Chavak Wrote: I do have a generator, but have only had to use it once in the last several years. A heavy snow took care of the electricity for a day or two, and if it wasn't for the refridgerator I wouldn't have worried about it.

Yes, a generator is like an insurance policy. You hopefully never have to use it but it comes in handy when you do.