The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello
Hello everyone,

I was already a member before the forum was restarted after a crash. My username was Rayaan, but I wanted to use a different one after deciding to join again. Maybe you guys don't remember but that doesn't matter.

The staff and everyone here seems very polite and understanding (that means you know that I was lurking, hehe).

I am a Muslim, so I probably won't be really active here, but occasionally I would like to add some thoughts if I feel that I have something interesting or something relevant in my mind. There is clearly a lot of overlap between Islam and Judaism, and I also think you can gain more perspective in your religion by comparing it with other religions, especially if there are a lot of similarities between them.

Also, we can say that different people follow different religions, but one thing that gets overlooked is the fact people also internalize their own religion differently. At the higher level of language, we can talk about particular names, concepts, and beliefs, but at a deeper, lower level of our being there is probably a lot more 'things' (things like certain experiences, sensations, feelings, etc.) going on that moral and sincere believers might have in common when they are in a state of remembering God.

It's sort of like an internal logic inside a computer. There is one type of language which is comprehensible to the user, and there is another type of language which is not (because it's just a string of 0's and 1's). They are just different ways of looking and talking about the same thing.

If that analogy has confused you a little bit, then that's okay. I have a lot of weird ideas that are not easily grasped even by Muslims. But still, I like to share them. I hope they provide some insight.
Welcome back! Happy to have you join in the conversations.
Yes, we are slowly rebuilding the forum after the great crash.
I think your first three posts will need to be moderated since you are signed up as a new user. After that you should be able to post freely.
We do that just to keep bots and spam out.

Again, welcome back! I remember you well.
Oh good you remember me. Smile

And yeah it's a good idea to have the first three posts moderated. Besides, with a name like "Spider," you should be especially careful because "spider" is also the name of online bots that crawl the web.  Wink
Welcome back!

Of course we remember you, thanks for joining us again. Smile 

If I remember correctly, your avatar was a spider!
(05-30-2019, 09:22 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote: If I remember correctly, your avatar was a spider!

True. Smile
Welcome back, Spider. Smile
hi :-)
Welcome back from me, too! Smile
(05-30-2019, 02:28 AM)Spider Wrote: Hello everyone,

I was already a member before the forum was restarted after a crash. My username was Rayaan, but I wanted to use a different one after deciding to join again. Maybe you guys don't remember but that doesn't matter.

The staff and everyone here seems very polite and understanding (that means you know that I was lurking, hehe).

I am a Muslim, so I probably won't be really active here, but occasionally I would like to add some thoughts if I feel that I have something interesting or something relevant in my mind. There is clearly a lot of overlap between Islam and Judaism, and I also think you can gain more perspective in your religion by comparing it with other religions, especially if there are a lot of similarities between them.

As-salāmu ʿalaykum. I've found Islam to be rich in beauty, wisdom, and perspective.
To be is to stand for. - Abraham Joshua Heschel
Welcome back :-)