The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1954 hebrew primer
            [Did anyone here first learn hebrew  as a kid from this book from 1954 book called Chaveri. I did about 10 years ago or so. here is a pic of it:
Hello HarryJacoby and welcome to the forum!

Just to let  you know, the first three posts are moderated to keep out spam and bots.

I still haven't learned Hebrew so I'm not the one to answer your question!

Maybe some others here have.
Never used it. Looks simple and inviting.
Nice book.   I'm convinced if more people, even adults, began their language learning with primers such as that one they would continue on with the studies. Mine was the primer עברית אלפון which gave enough of an introduction, similar to yours, to proceed onto book one.

I've sat through a class where the primer was rejected in favor of using the first book with the thinking students would use their Hebrew/English dictionaries for learning any new vocabulary and within a month all students but two had dropped the course.  I remained having had the advantage of the primer and another who was already familiar enough with Hebrew. No surprise.

Out of curiosity do you remember what book you went to next?  Was there a sequence?
There is a Chaveri Bet, but I don't think I ever used that one. Also, you've gotta love the mid-50s style of illustrations.