The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi! It's been a while
Hey friends, It's been a few months since I've been here. Unfortunately, I had a viral (we think) attack on my vestibular system. This is the inner ear/brain system that controls balance, position in space, and eye movements. Mine was damaged on both sides cause extreme dizziness, slurred speech, difficulty walking, and blurred vision. I've been in therapy for about 4 months now and I'm improving the recovery takes 1-2 years, and some people never recover. I have been ASSURED that I will recover. My system will always be damaged but my brain will map new pathways via neuroplasticity. But it's a long, HELLISH process. I have had to learn to walk again, learn to think clearly despite feeling like I'm in a hurricane (I feel like I am rocking, swaying, falling, spinning, rotating, etc), read, stabilize my vision, and learn to sleep while always moving. It's been rough and I have a long way to go. I've had some dark, dark moments. Thankfully, I have family that's been right beside me. I couldn't look at a phone or computer for months, but now I can do that a bit, so I thought I would give an update. I'm working very hard and I hope to feel 95% again one day. I hope everyone here is doing well!!!  Heart
Hi, Dena. It's good to hear from you. I don't think any of us was aware what was going on – just that you'd disappeared. I hope your recovery is smooth from this point on. I'm headed to work right now. Just wanted to give a quick response on my way out.
Hi there Dena,

So very intense, I cannot imagine.  Welcome back, you've been missed! Good to learn you have family and support.  Please take it slow and like Jason said I wish your recovery is smooth from this point on.
Dena -

My wife and I have been facing our own health issues which, although serious and painful, pale before what you have been dealing with.

I am glad that you seem to be making progress toward recovery and I am glad that you have managed to be as upbeat as you seem to be. I pray that you will continue with your recovery and that, despite any odds, you will experience r’fuah shlaymah, a complete healing.

Know that your forum family is pulling for you.
בקש שלום ורדפהו
Dena,

So, so sorry to hear of your illness, I can only hope and pray for a full and quick recovery.

I have never heard of that illness before and it seems like something that just takes over your life. Wow, it must be hard to just try and be yourself.

But I'm so glad to hear you are on the road to recovery. Although it seems like a long one, I know you have the resilience to stick it through.

We are here for you if you need anything and are happy you have the support and comfort from your family.

Thank you for the update and hope to see you back here soon!
Hi Dena, it is great to hear from you but sorry to hear what you have been going through. I've had inner ear problems and can relate a little to what you are saying, although it was not to that extent. I hope you have a speedy and complete recovery! What is your Hebrew name? I'll put you on the shul's refuah shlema list.
Dear Dena, I wish you the strength and optimism to keep on fighting, if days are going slow, and a speedy and as complete as possible, healing. It is great that you have family by your side. From my heart, I wish you all the best!