The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Non-Jewish Mother with Orthodox father
I would question how Orthodox your boy friend is, considering he is dating a non-Jew and even considering g having non-Jewish children. That is not meant to offend him, but just stating something obvious. It doesn't matter if your kids were raised Orthodox, they would still be non-Jews. Not sure I have any answers for you. I guess the choices for you are to have an Orthodox conversion, or to have a Reform or Conservative one. In that case your then husband would have to be happy knowing from an Orthodox view none of you would be Jewish. Tough situation. As far as an Orthodox school for kids, I dont think they would be admitted since they wouldnt be Jews. Why do you feel an Orthodox conversion is not right for you? An IVF with an egg from a Jewish donor would not work because it is the status of the birth mother, not the status of where the eggs originated that matters. The kids could not have an Orthodox conversion because you are not Jewish.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Non-Jewish Mother with Orthodox father - by Chavak - 11-12-2019, 08:28 AM