The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coincidences in the Bible and in Biblical Hebrew
Just finished reading this book.

Lot's of interesting "coincidences".

Some that I've heard of before, others I had no idea of!

[Image: 412l1w4SO9L._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg]
(01-29-2020, 02:44 AM)searchinmyroots Wrote: Just finished reading this book.

Lot's of interesting "coincidences".

Some that I've heard of before, others I had no idea of!

[Image: 412l1w4SO9L._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg]

I haven't read the book, but I did find this online:

https://watchjerusalem.co.il/705-remarka...brew-bible
Yep, those are some of the things in the book, thanks for the link George.

He never says it is proof of anything.

He just questions whether it is coincidence or not and leaves it for you to decide.
That sounds like a very interesting read! What coincidences discussed in this book did you find the most compelling?
I also wanted to add that the author made this book available for free on his blog: here.
Wow, thanks Sarah!

I guess if I would have known that I wouldn't have purchased the book and lugged it around with me!

So to answer your question, I'm not sure if anything was more compelling than the others. I would say what is listed on the link George provide is a good start!

There is also something in the book that I had learned about previously, how the names of Haman's sons that were hung in the book of Esther eerily relate to how some of the Germans who were prosecuted from the Holocaust were executed.

You can refer to pages 221-225 for further details since you have access to it!

I have to admit, the beginning of the book seemed to involved for me, but once I started moving on to the other chapters I became more and more interested!
Thank you, Searchin for introducing the book, and Sarah for the blog site.  

After looking through the reviews it was pointed out that the word for ear in Hebrew is ozen which is the same root word for balance!  I find this amazing because scientists did not connect the inner workings of the ear as having anything to do with balance until the 19th century. Page 142. Also, the online Britannica - The Physiology of Balance: Vestibular Function verifies the same.  I thought the word for 'ear' may not be in the Torah, but Exodus 21:6, and Jeremiah 6:10 are only two examples where (ozen) אזן appears.  So, if the books were written around 6th Century B.C. how could the inner workings such as the balancing function be known?  That seems like more than a coincidence. Wow! That was only one Hebrew word example, and I'm sure there are more that leave us asking.  It sounds like a fun read!  

Anyway, what a good find Searchin, and I think buying the book was well worth the purchase. This way you can highlight any findings.  I plan to do the same.
Thanks Dana!

Yes, I think it was worth the purchase and am happy to support the author for all of his hard work and efforts.

As I mentioned previously, some of the book gets a little too deep and involved but you can move on and I'm sure you'll find a lot of interesting "coincidences"!

Here's another -

Although the author says he doesn't want the book to be about Gematria, he does add the numerical values of some words with more amazing results. For instance, the Hebrew word for hand, yad, adds up to the number 14. Is it a coincidence there are 14 bones in the hand? It's for you to decide!!!
Sounds really interesting! I'll make sure to read it.
Hi searchingmyroots.  I haven't been around, for a while, not since the forum moved/changed some time ago.  For some reason it wouldn't accept my password.  Don't know why.  Then recently I thought I'd try again and it worked!  Strange, eh?

Late last evening I noticed your post mentioning the bones, of the hand and as a retired Operating Room/Theatre nurse I thought that I should step in here.

Per hand there are 14 finger bones, called phalanges (5 proximal, 4 middle and 5 digital), 5 metacarpal bones and 8 carpal bones, for a total of 27 bones, not 14, per hand.  

Sorry to be the one, to throw a wet blanket, but there is no coincidence, between yad adding up to 14 and the number of bones, of the hand.    Sad