The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Childern of YESRAEl why, why do you worship "G-d"?
Childern of YESRAEl why, why do you worship "G-d"? I am sicken that אל is not treated with respect from בני ישראל. I cry that those who seek out the truth are given lies that kill them. Did יעקב do as האל בית-אל said or did יעקב do the commands גד?
Hello Wes and welcome to the forum.

Just to let you know, the first 3 posts are moderated to help keep out spam and bots.

Maybe you can give us a little introduction as to who you are and why you joined the forum.

Thanks!
(03-15-2020, 01:39 AM)wes Wrote: did יעקב do the commands גד?

Hello Wes.

After you introduce yourself I was wondering who גד is?  In the Torah he is one of the sons of יעקב. I don't think he gave commands. He was the son of Zilpah, Rachel's handmaid.
(03-15-2020, 06:17 PM)Dana Wrote:
(03-15-2020, 01:39 AM)wes Wrote: did יעקב do the commands גד?

Hello Wes.

After you introduce yourself I was wondering who גד is?  In the Torah he is one of the sons of יעקב. I don't think he gave commands. He was the son of Zilpah, Rachel's handmaid.

I am a ger from the goyim. I am baffled that the children ישראל would dare call אל אלהי ישראל , "G-d". I believe אל has stated what will happened to those who set a table for גד. I am trying to live. I have read that the goyim are to tell בני ישראל their wrongs as loud as our voice can go. I hope that בני ישראל are not too blind and proud to see that they have picked up the ways of the goyim. And now call אל אלהי ישראל "G-d". Is it not written even in my tongue: those who set a table for גד and make a mixing bowl for מני, I shall destine you for the sword, you shall all kneel down to be slaughtered. Thousands of years ago אל knew that even this you would do. Please, please turn your hearts back to אל.
Wes,

You’re smug, arrogant, ignorant and unaware of homophones. What other endearing qualities do you have?
בקש שלום ורדפהו
Yeah, this sounds like you hate where you came from and where you went. I don't think that anyone's feelings are being hurt but yours when the word "God" or "G–d" is used to refer to God, and I doubt that יהוה or anyone else needs you to come to their emotional defense. Since when does the Eternal call upon you to correct his people's behavior or to defend his sensitivities?

After all, אל was the name of a Canaanite god, as was עליון, and even יהוה was worshiped by peoples other than Israel. I don't think that God is sitting up in heaven getting mad at people for using the wrong name to refer to him.
(03-16-2020, 11:53 AM)Jason Wrote: I don't think that God is sitting up in heaven getting mad at people for using the wrong name to refer to him.

Although there might be a heavenly giggle when "Jehovah" as a name is invoked.
בקש שלום ורדפהו
I have told you I am a ger. You have insulted me. Have you no thought of safety? I cried when I seen your replies. I cried to אל. I prayed that we may be wiser. In intimacy can a man's wife call him by another man's name?
(03-17-2020, 02:07 AM)wes Wrote: I have told you I am a ger. You have insulted me. Have you no thought of safety? I cried when I seen your replies. I cried to אל. I prayed that we may be wiser. In intimacy can a man's wife call him by another man's name?

I'm sorry, but I don't buy into political correctness and vain cries of victimhood. I didn't hurt you. You said something weird, and I responded. And thinking that you have God's name figured out and that Jews are wrong just seems really foolish. Why don't you LEARN from Jews rather than trying to CORRECT our people? I don't get what you're trying to accomplish, ger or no ger. I'm opposed to your ideas, not to your conversion. I am always free to criticize bad ideas and say plainly that they are bad. You can't get offended at that. If you're so sensitive, then stop telling people your ideas—because the only way not to have your ideas criticized is to keep your idiosyncrasies to yourself.
I'm not trying to insult you Wes, I'm trying to understand you. What branch did you convert through? Your postings don't sound very grounded in Judaism, and almost sound like someone who is a Messianic.