The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/jaihare/thehebrewcafe.com/forum/inc/languages/english/replyban.lang.php:1) - Line: 1939 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.3.16 (Linux)
File Line Function
[PHP]   errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1939 header
/inc/functions.php 2009 my_setcookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 665 mark_thread_read




Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
The Kingdom of God
#1
Does Judaism teach the concept of the Kingdom of God?

If so, what it is?
Reply
#2
Well, the expressions מַלְכוּת הַשָּׁמַ֫יִם malḵûṯ haššāmáyim “the kingdom of heaven” and מַלְכוּת הָאֱלֹהִים malḵûṯ hāʾĕlōhîm certainly exist in Hebrew. I’m really not sure what is explicitly taught about it, other than to point out that Jewish theology includes the concept of God as King.
Reply
#3
I would also refer to the phrase מלך העולם melek ha'olam, 'King of the universe/everything/eternity', which is used as a title for God in innumerable Jewish prayers.
Reply
#4
(06-29-2020, 08:44 PM)Jason wrote: Well, the expressions מַלְכוּת הַשָּׁמַ֫יִם malḵûṯ haššāmáyim “the kingdom of heaven” and מַלְכוּת הָאֱלֹהִים malḵûṯ hāʾĕlōhîm certainly exist in Hebrew. I’m really not sure what is explicitly taught about it, other than to point out that Jewish theology includes the concept of God as King.

I always thought the Kingdom of God (or heaven) was the rule of God.
Reply
#5
(06-29-2020, 09:56 PM)George wrote: I always thought the Kingdom of God (or heaven) was the rule of God.

Define what you mean by “the rule of G-d”.
בקש שלום ורדפהו
Reply
#6
(06-29-2020, 08:44 PM)Jason wrote: Well, the expressions מַלְכוּת הַשָּׁמַ֫יִם malḵûṯ haššāmáyim “the kingdom of heaven” and מַלְכוּת הָאֱלֹהִים malḵûṯ hāʾĕlōhîm certainly exist in Hebrew. I’m really not sure what is explicitly taught about it, other than to point out that Jewish theology includes the concept of God as King.

Didn't Jews expect the Kingdom of God to be brought about through the Messiah?
Reply
#7
(07-01-2020, 07:43 PM)George wrote:
(06-29-2020, 08:44 PM)Jason wrote: Well, the expressions מַלְכוּת הַשָּׁמַ֫יִם malḵûṯ haššāmáyim “the kingdom of heaven” and מַלְכוּת הָאֱלֹהִים malḵûṯ hāʾĕlōhîm certainly exist in Hebrew. I’m really not sure what is explicitly taught about it, other than to point out that Jewish theology includes the concept of God as King.

Didn't Jews expect the Kingdom of God to be brought about through the Messiah?

Yes, but why the past tense?
Reply
#8
(06-29-2020, 08:44 PM)Jason wrote: Well, the expressions מַלְכוּת הַשָּׁמַ֫יִם malḵûṯ haššāmáyim “the kingdom of heaven” and מַלְכוּת הָאֱלֹהִים malḵûṯ hāʾĕlōhîm certainly exist in Hebrew. I’m really not sure what is explicitly taught about it, other than to point out that Jewish theology includes the concept of God as King.

(07-03-2020, 02:55 AM)Jason wrote:
(07-01-2020, 07:43 PM)George wrote:
(06-29-2020, 08:44 PM)Jason wrote: Well, the expressions מַלְכוּת הַשָּׁמַ֫יִם malḵûṯ haššāmáyim “the kingdom of heaven” and מַלְכוּת הָאֱלֹהִים malḵûṯ hāʾĕlōhîm certainly exist in Hebrew. I’m really not sure what is explicitly taught about it, other than to point out that Jewish theology includes the concept of God as King.

Didn't Jews expect the Kingdom of God to be brought about through the Messiah?

Yes, but why the past tense?

Sorry, but I don't understand your point.
Reply
#9
(07-03-2020, 03:01 PM)George wrote:
(07-03-2020, 02:55 AM)Jason wrote:
(07-01-2020, 07:43 PM)George wrote: Didn't Jews expect the Kingdom of God to be brought about through the Messiah?

Yes, but why the past tense?

Sorry, but I don't understand your point.

Didn't Jews believe? Don't Jews believe? Jews still believe that the Messiah will be the bringing of the kingdom. Why the past tense?
Reply
#10
(06-29-2020, 08:44 PM)Jason wrote: Well, the expressions מַלְכוּת הַשָּׁמַ֫יִם malḵûṯ haššāmáyim “the kingdom of heaven” and מַלְכוּת הָאֱלֹהִים malḵûṯ hāʾĕlōhîm certainly exist in Hebrew. I’m really not sure what is explicitly taught about it, other than to point out that Jewish theology includes the concept of God as King.

(07-05-2020, 07:18 PM)Jason wrote:
(07-03-2020, 03:01 PM)George wrote:
(07-03-2020, 02:55 AM)Jason wrote:
(07-01-2020, 07:43 PM)George wrote: Didn't Jews expect the Kingdom of God to be brought about through the Messiah?

Yes, but why the past tense?

Sorry, but I don't understand your point.

Didn't Jews believe? Don't Jews believe? Jews still believe that the Messiah will be the bringing of the kingdom. Why the past tense?

OK, thanks.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)