The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What about the prophecies of old testament?
(07-03-2020, 09:26 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote: It just seems so strange that some think they can understand the Hebrew bible without understanding Hebrew, the language it is written in!

Thank you Searchin for sharing the link written by Uri Yosef!   I don't think I've ever read a more thorough demonstration, revealing the differences between the KJV and the Hebrew Bible.  Clearly, gross misinterpretations do occur without a strong understanding of the Hebrew language after reading some of the attempts on this thread to counter.  

If you don't mind I'd like to share something written in the Preface of Rabbi Singer's - Let's Get Biblical textbook, by Gavriel Aryeh Sanders, a former Christian who had changed his name after converting to Judaism.  Supportive to what you have written.

While as a Christian he had a passion for winning Jewish souls which led him to move to Israel to study the Hebrew language while teaching English. What he did not expect was that the studies of Hebrew began to cause fractures in his faith, and eventually, "the English translations I knew so well appeared either mistranslated or taken out of context when compared with the Hebrew original."  

One question he asked,  "Was Christianity true because I believed it- or did I believe it because it was true?"  I believe for most people things seem "true" because we believe them. We run with the narratives we've been taught and look to insert and validate them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What about the prophecies of old testament? - by Dana - 07-04-2020, 03:58 PM