The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
why is judaism better about keeping out the losers?
(09-28-2020, 11:14 AM)Jason Wrote:
(09-27-2020, 04:21 PM)MatthewColorado Wrote: I have spent the last year trying to convert after researching world religions and coming to the conclusion Judaism is the only verifiably accurate religion. I later found out our family secret that we came from indians was not true and a search found several Jewish families fleeing from the rhineland to America. I have been flat rejected by ultra orthodox communities even though i am Torah observant. Sadly only the reform have embraced us and i don't agree with their belief set. Not really sure what to do.

You should be aware that there is a HUGE number of people who show up and tell Jews that they somehow magically discovered that they have Jewish roots and they then want to be converted or whatever. It's a story we hear all the time, and it often comes from people who actually believe in Jesus but refuse to call it what it is. They say that he's "Yeshua" or "Yahshua" or something else, and they are trying to hide the fact that they are heterodox while trying to demonstrate that they are orthoprax. You cannot expect anyone to accept your story when we have heard it over and over again, and it's nine times out of ten a lie.
I understand what you are saying is true because of christians desire to convert everyone and how they will lie and sneak if it helps them to "spread their gospel" i do get that. More than family i believe in Torah that we have been given the choice between life and good and death and evil and we should choose life that we may live. The Torah says God is not a man that he can lie nor the son of man so that is about as clear as it gets to someone researched and read like myself. Does the Torah not say if someone comes performing wonders and miracles but then tries to lead you astray from what you have been taught to not go with him. 

If people do not read and understand that for themselves, and have the ability to rightly question people in their belief and understanding, then i don't know what to say that does not make sense to me. I can clearly articulate and defend anything i believe in or say otherwise i would not say it.

So fact number one i do not have to do anything but be Torah observant do be Jewish for example Ruth, Your God will be My God your people will be my people. I include with that Rabbinical law and culture and everything else. There is literally an ex christian cult member directing the nearest synagogue so i understand but it makes me furious when genuine people like me are kicked to the curb but people like that are somehow high ranking in the liberal arm of Judaism (this case is a conservative shul).

Besides that fact yes i do have family that traces to Metz from Lorraine France, Schoen from Antwerp Belgium, and Meier from the palatinate at the rhine river. Add in names that are almost purely rom Torah that is enough for me, again although it is not necessary to have family to be Jewish. 

So what am i supposed to say then? I can tell you what i believe, why, why christianity is wrong, where i came from, and what i plan to do. Teshuvah, Mitzvot, Tikkun Olam. 

If there is some secret to get past people thinking i am a hidden jesus lover or something let me know because personally i am anti-christian because of things done to me and my family by christians so someone associating me with that bunch for absolutely no reason is extremely aggravating.

Thanks for your time Shalom.

Messages In This Thread
RE: why is judaism better about keeping out the losers? - by MatthewColorado - 09-28-2020, 04:01 PM