The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
why is judaism better about keeping out the losers?
Wow i really thank you for sharing with me. I appreciate your perspective it seems like that is what i was grasping at overall but had a hard time putting it into words. Understanding these are more modern changing molding groups increases my understanding of the whole issue. 

Some things i would read about reform and then in our services and my particular Rabbi are the most conservative of the Reform i have seen, which for now is ok it is way better than being in the south somewhere close to where you were in which you feel like an alien. I tried wearing a kippah out daily until i was attacked by someone with absolutely no remorse that acted as if i was sub human. It pains me to but i do not openly display my beliefs anymore because i haven't even recovered from that attack yet months later.

Ever since we really started becoming Torah observant going to Israel has been in the back of our heads. The more we learned about the Holocaust and how no one really cared to help the Jews even the US it made me feel even closer to the idea. As soon as i could hear in your tone the relief that you experienced going to Israel and feeling like you are at home in a larger community that is exactly what we are looking for. When we came here expecting one thing but got a really broken watered down version of what we know is out there it was kind of devastating, but also taught us that if you want the whole genuine experience and you want to be immersed in it, you probably will never find somewhere like Israel.

Do you know if Reform/Conservative conversions are considered legitimate to make Aliyah? This is something of the highest priority for my life because i know one day the steps i take now may make the difference of my descendants being faithful and not being lost to integration. We are almost ready to have kids and i couldn't imagine raising a family in Colorado for a second, this place is the wild west and has very high crime and a total self focused attitude, community is almost non-existent. I really feel like Israel would be different. I never felt at home in the south or the east, now we have been west as well and personally i just don't identify with these places as hard as i try.

Thank you for the book recommendations my wife actually just got Choosing a Jewish life so that is really cool.

I just want to thank you one last time, having a place like this to connect with someone i can identify with is really helpful for me. It is comforting to get a perspective from a friend that i know does not have any kind of agenda in what they say to me. I am  finishing up software engineering courses from Harvard right now and plan to work for a big tech company and transfer to Israel in the future. That is another reason why learning Hebrew is very important to us as well, we want to learn it to actually use it and study with it not to just know a few words or sayings.

How was the actual move itself for you? Did you go alone or have family did you already have a job lined up?

Shalom Aleichem

Messages In This Thread
RE: why is judaism better about keeping out the losers? - by MatthewColorado - 10-01-2020, 02:20 PM