The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mastering the hebrew verb
I think that the most difficult thing of the hebrew language is the verb.do you have any advices for my in order to master it?
Learn them in contexts. Memorize entire passages from the Bible.
I'm talking about modern hebrew too.
Do you read? Are you using a book that has long reading passages? Audio recordings? I don't know what you're doing to learn, which makes it hard to give you any advice.
i will buy a hebrew tables book.and i'll practise with the verbs doing sentences.
(08-27-2020, 10:30 PM)Ismq Wrote: I think that the most difficult thing of the hebrew language is the verb.do you have any advices for my in order to master it?

Yes Ismq, I would recommend a primer. A favorite of mine for learning was the First Hebrew Primer Third Edition. https://www.amazon.com/First-Hebrew-Prim...0939144158

A little pricey but I learned much about the verbs and their patterns from this one.  Story telling and humor combined it is made for adults and is geared towards Biblical Hebrew.  The teaching method is a controlled vocabulary based upon the frequency of the words used in the Hebrew Bible. Recognition and translation as opposed to memorization, this method worked best for me.   Memorization is fine for basic math but I found the method unhelpful in starting out with Hebrew.  Research the reviews and decide from there.

Best of luck.
(02-12-2021, 01:29 AM)Dana Wrote:
(08-27-2020, 10:30 PM)Ismq Wrote: I think that the most difficult thing of the hebrew language is the verb.do you have any advices for my in order to master it?

Yes Ismq, I would recommend a primer. A favorite of mine for learning was the First Hebrew Primer Third Edition. https://www.amazon.com/First-Hebrew-Prim...0939144158

A little pricey but I learned much about the verbs and their patterns from this one.  Story telling and humor combined it is made for adults and is geared towards Biblical Hebrew.  The teaching method is a controlled vocabulary based upon the frequency of the words used in the Hebrew Bible. Recognition and translation as opposed to memorization, this method worked best for me.   Memorization is fine for basic math but I found the method unhelpful in starting out with Hebrew.  Research the reviews and decide from there.

Best of luck.
that book is about biblical hebrew.i'm interested primary in modern hebrew.
(02-12-2021, 01:29 AM)Dana Wrote:

Best of luck.

I found a free PDF version here

The First Hebrew Primer 1 | TOAZ.INFO

I hope it works. Otherwise it might be accessible via another link on google.
Thanks bluebird
You're very welcome, brother!