The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can someone translate please?
    Hi I believe this Hebrew. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
picture?
Updated thanks
Jesse,

Welcome to the forum.

Just to let you know, the first 3 posts are moderated to help keep out spam and bots.

As for the picture, I'm sure one our Hebrew readers will chime in shortly.
(09-13-2020, 03:59 AM)Jesse88 Wrote: Hi I believe this Hebrew. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

I almost don't know hebrew.but i'm almost sure it is deutoronomy 6:4 : שְׁמַע, יִשְׂרָאֵל: יְהוָה אֱלֹהֵינוּ, יְהוָה אֶחָד "hear,oh israel:the Lord our god,the Lord is one." The word יְהוָה (Lord) is omitted in the picture.
Hi Jesse.

Yes, the words are Hebrew which read, Hear Israel our G-d is One.
So basically it is the first part of the Shema.
Yeah, but "YHWH" isn't omitted. It's simply abbreviated to [he]ד׳[/heb]. It's common to abbreviate the Tetragrammaton to [heb]ה׳[/heb], and some go further and remove the lower mark of the heh, leaving a dalet.
(09-15-2020, 08:21 AM)Jason Wrote: Yeah, but "YHWH" isn't omitted. It's simply abbreviated to ד׳. It's common to abbreviate the Tetragrammaton to ה׳, and some go further and remove the lower mark of the heh, leaving a dalet.

Thanks, Jason. I was wondering about that, thinking perhaps it might be an Aramaic relative pronoun די or an abbreviation for Adonai. How common is it to write only part of the הי, perhaps especially in jewelry where space is limited? Or is it perhaps related to further reducing any minimal tendency toward pronouncing the tetragrammaton? I'm still a little confused by this explanation. Getting rid of the lower mark of the heh produces a resh, not a dalet. Obviously those letters are easily confused, but the dalets in the example here does look a little different from the resh in Israel.

Here’s a sumilar discussion.
I had the same question as robrecht. Removing the lower mark of the heh creates a reysh. Also, why just one dalet for Adonai when it is read twice?

I'm thinking the message is Messianic Christian and not Jewish.

On the Hebrew4Christian site the dalet has a special meaning.

"Dalet and the Doorway from Judah - Yeshua the Mashiach, of course, was of the tribe of Judah. Interestingly, the name for the tribe יהודה (Yehudah) contains every letter of the Sacred Name יהוה except for the letter Dalet, suggesting that the door to the LORD would come through Judah."