The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shanah tovah!
Here's wishing you guys a shanah tovah u-mtukah. In hopes that life will, at some point, go back as close to normal as is possible.

לשנה טובה תכתבו ותחתמו
Shana Tova to all who celebrate.

Hoping everyone has a happy, healthy and sweet New Year!

And yes, hope things get back to whatever normal now is!

Jason, looks like Israel may lock-down again? I think there may be too much read into "cases" in contrast to actual sickness and death.
Shana tova to everyone! I also wish everyone a sweet, healthy and fruitful year. A lot may happen within a year and I hope we will see a vastly improved global situation when we say these wishes again a year from now.

Something I am thankful for: I just celebrated erev Rosh Hashanah for the very first time, watching an online service by a great reform synagogue in Israel. I have watched and celebrated with their livestreams for the past few months. I had written to them, thanking them for their streams and the Rabbi wrote back to me with very touching words. This gives me a feeling of community I had missed for so long now. And seriously, also hope during these times. Since I will likely live and work in Israel for some time during the next years (was supposed to head off to IL in four weeks and stay until Feb), I might have accidentally already found "my" future community abroad. This year was crazy, but some good things also came from the changes we all needed to make. I hope the good things will continue to be found by us all, in all this.
So glad you have connected with a community Sarah!

I also hope the good things will continue to be found by us all, in all this, thanks for your inspiration!
Yes, we went into lockdown again yesterday at 2pm, leading into Rosh haShanah. They were talking about locking down intercity travel and such, but my Facebook feed is filled with people who went to their families' homes to celebrate the holiday. I'm home alone, as both of my roommates ended up in different places. One is with his aging mother in the south, and one is in an AirBnB near Jerusalem in quarantine, since he just got back from New York City and couldn't come back to the apartment. I'm bored out of my mind...