The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guarding our Tongues
Great 2 minute video of what can happen when we are not considering all the possibilities.

Thanks Baruch. I have made it my goal this year to really focus on my speech and improve not just what I say about people, but what I think too. I just finished Telushkin's book on Jewish values and now I have Words that Hurt, Words that Heal.
I'm happy to see this podcast resurface. Such a good reminder of the potential damage the tongue is capable of, it is a reminder to me as well.  Thank you Baruch. As I watched this again, I thought it was best the young girl held her tongue in this instance when could have called her criticizers out on their mistaken judgement of her.  However, she was quiet. Her silence spoke the loudest in the end it seems.
Thanks Dena and Dana. . . I too get a lot out of the video. I notice that the lips are not speaking English. I assume they are speaking in Hebrew.

The gentleman at 39 seconds calls it " Frankly it's Scandalous " He could not possibly be speaking about the girl. He's directly referencing the subject of the video itself. It's a type of hidden message to the viewer. Frankly it is scandalous every time someone speaks without knowing all the facts.

Some of the people in the video would make good screensavers. Just a little reminder about our speech.