The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/jaihare/thehebrewcafe.com/forum/inc/languages/english/replyban.lang.php:1) - Line: 1939 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.3.26 (Linux)
File Line Function
[PHP]   errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1939 header
/inc/functions.php 2009 my_setcookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 665 mark_thread_read

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strange times
As everyone of you has surely noticed, some very strange things are getting on. On my search I found this video. What is your opinion?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uDH_nxE8Aw

My Opinion is: maybe he is right, mabe he is not. But some things are worth thinking about it. I wish everyone the best in this very weird times!

May G'd bless us all!
(11-19-2020, 04:22 PM)GavrielbenNoah77 wrote: As everyone of you has surely noticed, some very strange things are getting on. On my search I found this video. What is your opinion?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uDH_nxE8Aw

My Opinion is: maybe he is right, mabe he is not. But some things are worth thinking about it. I wish everyone the best in this very weird times!

May G'd bless us all!

My opinion is that Rabbi has some different views that not everyone is on board with.

I'll stick with the basics.
Thanks for your answer.

In Germany they yesterday made a Law, that allows the Government to restrict every fundamental human right without asking the parliament only for pandemic purposes. The government becomes almighty.
It is horrific to see that. Especially in Germany, we had that before, it opens the gates to dictatorship.
Don't get me wrong, if there is a real pandemic, we have to fight it, with all that we have.

But, there are so many oddities. The WHO says, Covid19 has an lethal rate of 0.27%. That is enough to shut the world down?
Please, do me some favour: Research the numbers by yourself, the websites of the official health authorities will give it to you, and then ask yourself, is this a worldwide plague?

The Death Toll for Germany:

Anzahl der Sterbefälle in Deutschland von 1991 bis 2019 (number of deaths)
Anzahl der Sterbefälle (number of deaths)
2019    939.520
2018     954.874
2017     932.272
2016     910.902
Here is my opinion -

I think the virus is serious and must be taken seriously. But there have been many other viruses that are pretty serious as well and we never went into lockdowns (not including the 1918 virus).

Yes, the death rate is low in percentage, especially with younger children where it is almost non-existent. To compare, the regular flu is much deadlier for young children.

As for number of cases, well that's a crap shoot. There are so many conflicting stories out there we will never know the truth. But there is evidence of over hype. Some examples -

If you have Covid, and keep being tested to see if you still have it, each positive test counts as a "case". So if you have it for 2 weeks and get tested 4 times positive during those 2 weeks, it counts as 4 cases.

Also, many of the tests are not accurate, especially the rapid test.

I read that Elon Musk took 4 tests in one day and 2 came back positive and the other 2 came back negative.

So I think we should protect the most vulnerable and they should be protecting themselves.

Otherwise life can go on, the virus will spread, people will catch it and either have some mild to severe symptoms with a high majority of the time being healed and the a-symptomatic people will probably never know they have it.

The virus needs to spread to weaken as it already has. You might notice the virus seems to be more contagious now then earlier in the year (if you can trust case counts) but much less deadlier (as we've also learned a lot on how to treat patients properly).

There is one major thing almost no one is talking about - Immune System

Our immune systems know how to combat viruses. No, not everyone's can to the degree to keep them healthy, but the vast majority of people's can. We need to eat right and practice wellness to keep our bodies in the best shape we can to help keep our immune systems in the best shape it can be to help fight this and all other viruses.

Again, these are just my views and I respect others who may feel differently.
I am a law enforcement officer,criminal investigator, for about over 30 years (yes, I am old...). I do see a lie, when I am faced with it.

This corona thing is a lie, and not a good one.
(11-19-2020, 09:15 PM)GavrielbenNoah77 wrote: I am a law enforcement officer,criminal investigator, for about over 30 years (yes, I am old...). I do see a lie, when I am faced with it.

This corona thing is a lie, and not a good one.

I look at it as a great exaggeration. If one looks at the number of people who have had it in the population, it is miniscule. Most of those who have died, died "with it" instead of "of" it. Numbers are skewed because hospitals get paid more for covid patients than joe regular patients. Testing is not always accurate. And on and on.  I see lots of fear mongering. If social distancing and masks work so well, why do we need lockdowns? I'm old, I have underlying conditions, but I would never expect people to lose their jobs and businesses for me. It's up to me to protect myself. It it wasn't for the media constantly hyping it, I wouldn't even know corona existed. I don't know of a single person that has gotten it.
I look at this corona thing as an experiment in social control, the driving of a narrative, without the slightest concern for collateral damage. Consequences such as depression, suicide, shutting down of businesses and climbing unemployment. I am also saddened to see an inversion of morality. I am in my 60's and would never expect anyone to close a business or remain locked up like a prisoner in their own home on my account.

The survivability rate is 94% - 99%, low end for the very elderly, yet all we hear from the media are endless case numbers.

We've been told hydroxchloroquine is a dangerous drug when it has been proven to be safe and effective. Why is it not made available over the counter in first-world democracies? Most of South America, Asia and Africa it is readily available.

I would like to recommend a book by Simone Gold, M.D. and lawyer.  I Do Not Consent: My Fight Against Medical Cancel Culture

It's not lengthy and is also inexpensive. Highly informative. My favorite part of the book is at the end where she offers a six-point strategy when we see disinformation abound.
(11-21-2020, 12:07 PM)Dana wrote: I look at this corona thing as an experiment in social control, the driving of a narrative, without the slightest concern for collateral damage. Consequences such as depression, suicide, shutting down of businesses and climbing unemployment. I am also saddened to see an inversion of morality. I am in my 60's and would never expect anyone to close a business or remain locked up like a prisoner in their own home on my account.

The survivability rate is 94% - 99%, low end for the very elderly, yet all we hear from the media are endless case numbers.

We've been told hydroxchloroquine is a dangerous drug when it has been proven to be safe and effective. Why is it not made available over the counter in first-world democracies? Most of South America, Asia and Africa it is readily available.

I would like to recommend a book by Simone Gold, M.D. and lawyer.  I Do Not Consent: My Fight Against Medical Cancel Culture

It's not lengthy and is also inexpensive. Highly informative. My favorite part of the book is at the end where she offers a six-point strategy when we see disinformation abound.

You love to read isn't it?  Big Grin
(11-21-2020, 05:50 PM)Ismq wrote:
(11-21-2020, 12:07 PM)Dana wrote: I look at this corona thing as an experiment in social control, the driving of a narrative, without the slightest concern for collateral damage. Consequences such as depression, suicide, shutting down of businesses and climbing unemployment. I am also saddened to see an inversion of morality. I am in my 60's and would never expect anyone to close a business or remain locked up like a prisoner in their own home on my account.

You love to read isn't it?  Big Grin

Why "isn't it"? "You love" implies "you do love," and the tag question is "don't you?"

You love to read, don't you? [≠ You don't love to read.]
It's a book, isn't it? [≠ It isn't a book.]
She wasn't feeling well, was she? [≠ She was feeling well.]

thanks for the recommendation, I'll look it up. Attorney and M.D.? I wonder if she is ever tempted to sue herself.