The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello everyone!
(11-24-2020, 11:43 PM)Chavak Wrote: I hope you are not referring to Nehemia Gordon. No one here or anywhere other than Messianics and other Christians considers him to be a scholar.

Absolutely.
(11-24-2020, 02:37 PM)Completed in Israel Wrote: I didn't make the font larger, that happend automatically bc I had to find what that Hebrew scholar had discovered from the ancient rabbis, he's a karaite Jew. Dont believe Y'shua is Messiah either, but He knows that verse represents grafting, as did the ancient rabbis.

The value of a claim is measured by its strength, not by who made it. And in the case of Nehemia Gordon, saying that he made the claim certainly makes it no stronger. If you quote text into the text editor, there is a button for removing formatting, which will make it normal size and weight. Highlight the text and hit it (it's in the buttons above). 

(11-24-2020, 02:37 PM)Completed in Israel Wrote: Hebrew we now know for a fact is the original for Mathew, been a lot of discoveries maybe since you last looked into that subject.

You don't know when I last looked into it. Actually, I've listened to Gordon's arguments, and I rejected them. I even read the Hebrew text that he recommended (Shem Tov's Hebrew Matthew). Have you read it in Hebrew? Do you know what it says in Hebrew? I've read it. I know. Not only that, but I've read the Gospel of Matthew in Greek and also in Hebrew. You see, some of us actually know the languages and spend time in them every single day. We don't parrot nonsense from Nehemia Gordon, as if he knew what he was talking about.

(11-24-2020, 02:37 PM)Completed in Israel Wrote: They're all 100% Jewish men after all....

Lots of people have been Jewish that I would not listen to. That isn't an argument.

(11-24-2020, 02:37 PM)Completed in Israel Wrote: Jesus don't mean anything was my point, where as Yeshua means Salvation for He will Yoshia, save his people from Thier sins, and that's the name he was told to be called by.(so I asked u that, out of simple respect for me)

The word is whereas (one word, not two). You write a LOT, and you write POORLY. That makes it really difficult to read what you say. At the very least, divide paragraphs with spaces between them so that we don't have to read walls of text. If you're going to write a lot, check your spelling before submitting. Look over the
sentences and see that they are punctuated in such a way as to make your statements meaningful. Make sure that the text is readable.

I agree that "Yeshua" was a Jewish name. It was the name of the high priest at the time of the return from Babylon. It may be that, if Jesus existed, this is what people called him. You cannot get past the fact, however, that Paul was the first person to write anything about Jesus, and he used the name Ἰησοῦς. Then, after Paul, the gospel writers used the name Ἰησοῦς, all the way through the writing of the Catholic Epistles, and into the second century under the ante-Nicene fathers. Everyone throughout the history of the Church used the name Ἰησοῦς (also in its Latin form Iesus). The fact that people like you have popped up in the past generation or two demanding that we Judaize Jesus doesn't mean that we have to listen to what you say. We will use the name as it has been since Christianity first began, since the first church opened its doors. You'll just have to get over that.

(11-24-2020, 02:37 PM)Completed in Israel Wrote: I agree with all that Moses said, as Y'shua said do all that He says, and do it Dilligently. Said not one Yod or brush stroke would pass from Torah until heaven and earth pass away. (And Moshe said that HE would send us someone like Moses, and were to listen to all He says)

Oh, I'm sure you're a big Torah keeper. Everyone does what is right in his own eyes, after all. I'm sure you "keep Shabbat" and "eat kosher." You keep in your way and eat kosher in your way. You don't keep it in the way that the rabbis taught. You just like the labels.

(11-24-2020, 02:37 PM)Completed in Israel Wrote: Have you researched into Metatron? 
Believing in a divine Messiah is not outside of Judaisim brother. 
And me saying a divine Messiah is legit, is not me trying to make you believe in Yeshua, that's a different subject. 

Sorry you took offence, but like I said that large font happend on its own, by copying and pasting from notes.

I have indeed studied the Metatron. I've written well-researched perspectives on the Metatron and on Yeshua Sar Hapnim, as we find in the Ashkenazi machzorim.

Do you want my opinion? The name Yeshua was probably used in angelology in the time of the Second Temple as a name for the Metatron. It was probably that that early Christians latched onto, and it was for this reason "Yeshua" was erased from Jewish memory as a name for an angelic being.

Jesus started as a Jewish version of the mystery cult. Just as the Greeks used Dionysus as their dying and rising savior, Jesus became the focus of a Jewish cult that taught that the high priest of heaven (the Metatron, the Memra/Logos of God) had offered himself as a sacrifice for sin. This sacrifice took place in the lower heavens and was carried out (unwittingly) by Satan and his hordes. This is the beginning of the Jesus cult. There never was a real man who lived and died and rose from the dead. He never existed. It's a complete myth, and you are ready to believe whatever someone tells you because it makes you feel good about yourself.