The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weather
How is everyone doing with the recent weather events, if it affected you? Power went out for several days and just came back on. My furnace is working over time to get the house warmed up (it was down to 47 degrees) and I finally got out of the house today. Was going stir crazy!
I understand the situation is pretty rough in America. I hope you guys are taking care of yourselves!
Just been hit with a bunch of snowstorms here, but hey, I'll take that over what is going on in the rest of the country!

Friends of mine recently moved to Texas. Guess they didn't expect 5 degree weather, multiple snowy days with daily sporadic power outages!

Family members just moved to North Carolina which just got hit with a tornado! Thankfully they weren't in the path but still..........

Geesh, it's getting wild out there!
(02-17-2021, 12:00 AM)searchinmyroots Wrote: Just been hit with a bunch of snowstorms here, but hey, I'll take that over what is going on in the rest of the country!

Friends of mine recently moved to Texas. Guess they didn't expect 5 degree weather, multiple snowy days with daily sporadic power outages!

Family members just moved to North Carolina which just got hit with a tornado! Thankfully they weren't in the path but still..........

Geesh, it's getting wild out there!

My sister  has a house in Nevada that they just bought to snowbird in. They were not expecting to get snow! Luckily it didn't stick.
Israel has been having abnormally warm weather for the entirety of the winter. I went to the sea twice last weekend (once the lockdown ended). Right now, it's a bit chilly and rainy. It's supposed to rain for like three days, but then it's going right back to springtime weather. I'm happy to get a little rain. I can't imagine what you all are going through back in the States. <3

I've been EXAGGERATING in my Hebrew reading recently. I'm reading two books in Hebrew right now. One of short stories, written extremely colloquially (even having curse words). It's a pleasure! We're reading it as part of our Hebrew book club. The other is an academic treatment of the concept of riddles in the Hebrew Bible, written by Yair Zakovitch. This is the second of his books that I'm reading. It's called אַבִּ֫יעָה חִידוֹת מִנִּי קֶ֫דֶם – חִידוֹת וַחֲלוֹמוֹת־חִידָה בַּסִּפּ֫וֹרֶת הַמִּקְרָאִית. Very interesting (but slower going).

I'm teaching three courses in Hebrew at the moment. Two courses meet twice a week in advanced biblical Hebrew, and the other meets once a week in rabbinic Hebrew. We're covering the grammar of Miguel Pérez Fernández right now, and then we're going to read together through the Mishnah of Niddah (of all things!). We already read through Pirkei Avot together.

Good reasons to stay indoors on a cold day. Smile
There are crazy pictures coming out of the USA. They say these are the coldest temperatures there in more than a century. I hope you stay safe.
Another 6-10 inches of snow predicted for my area for tomorrow!

Whoo hoo!
(02-17-2021, 03:12 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote: Another 6-10 inches of snow predicted for my area for tomorrow!

Whoo hoo!

A friend sent me a notice about that. Stay safe and warm, man!
I picked my sister up from her house today to take her to the airport. Her area got really hit hard. It looked like a war zone. Trees down all over, a couple of roofs with tarps from falling trees damaging them. Two lane streets reduced to single lane because of downed trees and debris. Sides of the roads covered with piles of debris from owners trying to clean up what they can. Lots of tree services out. It was an interesting drive over. Surprising how much damage ice can do.
Ice is really bad and can do a lot more damage than snow. It makes everything heavy and when it's coupled with wind, watch out!

The only good thing about it is it looks really pretty!

Sorry to hear of all the damage and hope that spring arrives soon!

It's a hell of a winter across the country so far!