The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Future dream(s)
Which future dream(s) do you have that have been not accomplished yet? As for me i want to learn japanese.what about you?
Good question Ismq.

I'm not sure what my future dreams are at this point. I've done so much and have been blessed my whole life that I think it is more of goals than dreams.

So my goals are to continue to try to keep healthy, keep studying Torah, give back and help others where I can, keep busy with hobbies and just enjoy all what G-d has provided for us in this world.
One future dream I've been putting off until my retirement is to publish part of my doctoral thesis. I'm currently in the process of buying a retirement home nearby a major academic library. Hopefully I won't be senile before that time! Not yet sure how soon I will be able to afford retirement, but maybe in a couple of years.

In the meantime, I've been enjoying learning to read the Talmud at a very basic level. It's not that easy, but not nearly as difficult as Japanese!
I dream of a job that is closer to my home. Currently I drive one and a half hour one way. My boss gave me a another field that I don't like too much. In those difficult times I'm scared to quit and look for something else. 

However, I am grateful for all the nice people around me, for music and nature.
(04-23-2021, 08:13 PM)Blue Bird Wrote: I dream of a job that is closer to my home. Currently I drive one and a half hour one way. My boss gave me a another field that I don't like too much. In those difficult times I'm scared to quit and look for something else. 

However, I am grateful for all the nice people around me, for music and nature.

Indeed we are in difficult times with the covid.here in colombia we are in confinement again.
I dream of staying active physically and mentally as well as spiritually after I retire. A rebirth of a sort. Mostly, grow and avoid mental stagnation.  

Meet circumstantial changes with courage while remaining grateful for the blessings I've received.  

Contribute where others may need my assistance and make some friends along the way.  To live up to the words Live Laugh Love inscribed on my wax candle.
(04-23-2021, 03:05 PM)robrecht Wrote: One future dream I've been putting off until my retirement is to publish part of my doctoral thesis.

That sounds like a big project. What will your book be about?
(04-25-2021, 05:54 PM)Blue Bird Wrote: That sounds like a big project. What will your book be about?

Probably not a book; maybe just a few articles. It's on the gospel of Mark from the perspective of ancient literary criticism. Not from a religious perspective.
(04-25-2021, 07:21 PM)robrecht Wrote:
(04-25-2021, 05:54 PM)Blue Bird Wrote: That sounds like a big project. What will your book be about?

Probably not a book; maybe just a few articles. It's on the gospel of Mark from the perspective of ancient literary criticism. Not from a religious perspective.

Would you please explain to me what ancient literary criticism means? i know from our official Protestant church that most pastors no longer believe in the Gospel. The universities teach critisism rather than belief.

But since I have read many of your posts, I guess your criticism is fairer. So could you please hurry up with your retirement?   Smile
(04-25-2021, 07:52 PM)Blue Bird Wrote: Would you please explain to me what ancient literary criticism means? i know from our official Protestant church that most pastors no longer believe in the Gospel. The universities teach critisism rather than belief.

But since I have read many of your posts, I guess your criticism is fairer. So could you please hurry up with your retirement?   Smile

Universities teach academic disciplines, not catechism, homiletics, apologetics, or religious bible studies. Ancient literary criticism is how an ancient literary work might be analyzed by its contemporaries, eg, how Aristotle in his Poetics might analyze Athenian tragedies by Sophocles or Euripides.