The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New old days
Rainbow 
In the older posts of this forum I recently discovered many relaxed conversations about a variety of topics. Where are the people and their stories? I admit that I was blind to this kind of talking, because I thougt this forum was more about fighting a certain religion. 

What do you think? What would it take to feel comfortable and to share here (again)?
I don't think the Jewish members of this forum attack Christianity, but some questions of Christians sometimes unconsciously contain triumphalist assumptions that inadvertently denigrate Judaism, which might result in some defensiveness or a desire to correct the record.
(05-04-2021, 03:30 PM)robrecht Wrote: I don't think the Jewish members of this forum attack Christianity, but some questions of Christians sometimes unconsciously contain triumphalist assumptions that inadvertently denigrate Judaism, which might result in some defensiveness or a desire to correct the record.

In one post I said "even if you doubt some facts". In the following hours it came to my consciousness what I said, but it was too late. Answers were already there. I feel, too, that I and my Christian brothers did harm this forum. That's because I asked one of the members privately if it would be better for me to leave. I'm still willing to do that, if it's for the benefit of this forum.
(05-04-2021, 05:30 PM)Blue Bird Wrote: I'm still willing to do that, if it's for the benefit of this forum.

No, don't leave!

We value your input and questions as you have been a pleasant addition to our our forum.

Yes, sometimes things may get a little heated, but the genuine caring members know how to adjust and try to make everyone feel at home. Hopefully!

I think certain members come here with an agenda, to prove their point or try to get us to see things as they believe. Others come and go as they may not see as much interaction as they would like.

Of course it's up to us to interact with each other and religion does not have to be the main topic!
(05-04-2021, 06:39 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote: No, don't leave!

We value your input and questions as you have been a pleasant addition to our our forum.

Yes, sometimes things may get a little heated, but the genuine caring members know how to adjust and try to make everyone feel at home. Hopefully!

I think certain members come here with an agenda, to prove their point or try to get us to see things as they believe. Others come and go as they may not see as much interaction as they would like.

Of course it's up to us to interact with each other and religion does not have to be the main topic!

searchinmyroots, I have no words to express my gratitude for your reply.

But... if your Jewish bretheren withdraw from here because I am here (and I will not be perfect with my words in the future), one should consider every way out.

I don't overestimate my impact, I know there are other developments as well, that have nothing to do with me. I would like to see them discussed here, too.
Bluebird,

Don't you know we are a stiff-necked people!

I don't think many if any would withdraw from here due to things you may say. We try to keep things in order here and have been doing so for over 10 years if I'm not mistaken.

You have been more than receptive to our requests and forum rules (thank you!).

The ones I see who do leave are usually the ones who are not receptive and are insistent on having their way.
(05-04-2021, 10:46 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote: Don't you know we are a stiff-necked people!

I don't think many if any would withdraw from here due to things you may say. We try to keep things in order here and have been doing so for over 10 years if I'm not mistaken.

You have been more than receptive to our requests and forum rules (thank you!).

The ones I see who do leave are usually the ones who are not receptive and are insistent on having their way.

I hope you are right in what you are saying about the withdrawing, or better, the not-withdrawing.
(05-05-2021, 06:21 AM)Blue Bird Wrote: I hope you are right in what you are saying about the withdrawing, or better, the not-withdrawing.

Our future depends on our ability to talk to one another.
I am sorry where I have hurt someone, I'll try to do better.
Sorry, I wasn't trying to imply that you have hurt anyone. Not me, at least, and I can only speak for myself.