The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help translate a Hebrew picture
It Hello! I’m Varius and I have a Jewish Patriarch. I was going through my old art at Dad’s house and this painting is from over 10 years ago. I can’t remember what word I put on my work and I’m hoping someone here can translate it for me. 

I uploaded the picture to my website: https://viii.style/aa89a4b3-ea5e-4b74-b3ea-28650eb13087

Thank you so much
Hello Varius and welcome to the forum.

Just to let you know, the first 3 posts are moderated to help keep out spam and bots.

One of our members should be able to help you shortly with your question.
(08-19-2021, 09:24 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote: Hello Varius and welcome to the forum.

Just to let you know, the first 3 posts are moderated to help keep out spam and bots.

One of our members should be able to help you shortly with your question.

Thank you so much. Glad to have found JF :-)
Is the painting upside-down perhaps? The word appears to be גורה, but it appears upside-down and reversed in the linked picture. I don't know modern Hebrew, but I think it can be translated as puppy, kitty, or calf. Or it might be a transliteration of the word 'guru', as in spiritual teacher, perhaps especially a woman guru. Does that make sense?
I think it would just be someone's name, Gora.