The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10 Commandments and Mosaic Law Question
I am not Jewish, I would just like to understand do jewish people hold the 10 commandments or esteem them
on a higher level them the rest of the mosaic law? The other question is do they believe the 10 commandments
came directly from God, or from Moses, or did God direct Moses on what to write?
Hello Derrick and welcome to the forum.

Just to let you know, the first 3 posts are moderated to help keep out spam and bots.

Quick answer to your question -

Ask 2 Jews the same question and you'll get 3 answers.
Here are answears from 3 Jewish websites:
https://www.aish.com/h/sh/se/48971836.html
https://www.chabad.org/library/article_c...dments.htm
http://www.jewishanswers.org/ask-the-rab...mandments/
There you go. 3 answers from one Jew  Big Grin
(09-22-2021, 03:29 PM)Alan_Boskov Wrote: There you go. 3 answers from one Jew  Big Grin

Ha!

Confirmed!
(09-22-2021, 03:29 PM)Alan_Boskov Wrote: There you go. 3 answers from one Jew  Big Grin

You are making an assumption that Nooone is Jewish. I certainly do not know to the contrary, but Nooone has never provided any personal background information. The only certainty seems to be that English is not a first language. There is also the oddity, which may be caused only by the lack of English skills, that in speaking to the forum about Jews in various countries Nooone never calls them "our Jewish brethren" rather its "Thy [Your]..."
בקש שלום ורדפהו
(09-22-2021, 08:27 PM)RabbiO Wrote:

You are making an assumption that Nooone is Jewish. I certainly do not know to the contrary, but Nooone has never provided any personal background information. The only certainty seems to be that English is not a first language. There is also the oddity, which may be caused only by the lack of English skills, that in speaking to the forum about Jews in various countries Nooone never calls them "our Jewish brethren" rather its "Thy [Your]..."

Rabbi, you say what I dared not ask. After all that Jews should and shouldn't do, I asked myself what kind of (perfect?) Jew Nooone is.
(09-22-2021, 08:27 PM)RabbiO Wrote:
You are making an assumption that Nooone is Jewish. I certainly do not know to the contrary, but Nooone has never provided any personal background information. The only certainty seems to be that English is not a first language. There is also the oddity, which may be caused only by the lack of English skills, that in speaking to the forum about Jews in various countries Nooone never calls them "our Jewish brethren" rather its "Thy [Your Wrote:..." pid='5053' dateline='1632324569']
Well, as long as our crypto-Dutchman thinks that he's Jewish, it's better that way than to not be Jewish whatsoever Big Grin  : https://www.jta.org/2021/09/21/global/le...wish-names
This reminds me of a 60's television skit of which a Chimpanzee thought that it was human. One human then whispered to the other, "Shhh, he only thinks he is". If you look it up on Youtube, you'll find some bizarre stuff Blush . I couldn't yet find it. But maybe, this will suffice (sorry Noone. Nothing personal. I just couldn't help it  Big Grin ):

I understand
(09-24-2021, 11:20 AM)Nooone Wrote: I understand
Well, frankly I don't.

If I somehow missed the disclosure I apologize, but as I noted I have not seen where you have established whether or not you are, by any normative definition, a Jew. So, I would ask that you either point me to the post where you set this out or, in the alternative, answer the question here.
בקש שלום ורדפהו