The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PB2
Has anyone ever tried powdered peanut butter? I see it's kosher and it has much less fat calories than the regular stuff. But I'm wondering how it tastes?
I'm not really a fan of peanut butter, but I'll give it a try!  The thing I don't like about peanut butter is the stick-to-the-roof-of-your-mouthiness of it.  I wonder whether the powdered stuff has a different consistency?
Heart !לחיים

I haven't tried it myself (maybe I tasted it once a long time ago?) but my son has tried it.

I think it is best used in smoothies and things where it mixes with other ingredients.

Those who I know who use it that way like it.

Not sure how you eat it on its own though!!
(01-24-2019, 09:23 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote: I think it is best used in smoothies and things where it mixes with other ingredients.

Oh, that makes sense.  Here I was thinking that you sprinkle it on bread for a PB sandwich, and wondering whether the powder changed to something sticky on contact with your saliva or something!
Heart !לחיים

My grandson and daughter drink it daily. They both love it. They mix it with water and use the chocolate flavor which they say is best. I've never tried it so I can't say personally.

The jar label says you can mix with smoothies, or mix a paste to use as a dip for apples, celery or pretzels. I prefer regular peanut butter on toast in the morning, but I noticed it's low in calories, gluten free and all natural too. Good protein source.
I've seen powdered peanut butter, but never tried it. I love peanut butter and bananas as a meal replacement..

Peter Pan Rocks !   Cool
(01-24-2019, 09:40 PM)Channalee Wrote:
(01-24-2019, 09:23 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote: I think it is best used in smoothies and things where it mixes with other ingredients.

Oh, that makes sense.  Here I was thinking that you sprinkle it on bread for a PB sandwich, and wondering whether the powder changed to something sticky on contact with your saliva or something!

Yes, you mix it with water and from photos it seems as if the consistency is not the same as real PB, which is okay if the taste is there. I sometimes make smoothies with coconut flavoring in it, but maybe I'll try this when it comes (ordered some from Amazon). Found a couple of recipes online to try out too.
Let us know how it works out Chava!!
(01-25-2019, 03:05 AM)searchinmyroots Wrote: Let us know how it works out Chava!!

Will do!
Chava, if you can find a recipe for peanut butter flavored challah, then I'll be on that faster than buzzards on a gut-wagon! Big Grin
Heart !לחיים