The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Judaism: Opening a Museum on Sephardis
Rainbow 
Hello,?????

I consider opening a museum dedicated to Sephardi Jews and their history, culture and heritage. I've always been fond of Jewish culture, especially sepahrdi Jews...I've been doing some research online and I was impressed by the diversity and quantity of material I found, but disappointed by the fact that their history doesnt seem to be of much interest to many....Most Jewish museums I've visited focused mainly on ashkenazi and the few ones focusing on sephardi were disappointing, including the Musée du Judaism in Morocco and the World center for Judaism in North Africa in Jerusalem(Probably for lack of funds)...

So the Museum will be all about Sephardi, but there will also be a smaller area dedicated to non-Sephardi living in Muslim countries (Iran, Irak, ...I thought they were Sephardi but learned after deepening my research that they were Mizrahi)....It will be in Jerusalem and I might open other similar ones in Europe and the US....The only problem is that I'm not Jewish myself, my mother is Christian and my father is Muslim, (from Morocco) and that's him that introduced me to Jewish culture as a child (he had many Jewish acquaintaces in Casablance and Jews were pretty appreciated there). 

My initiative's aim is to build bridge between religions, cause I find jews and muslims have a lot in common (hebrew and arabic are very similar) and a shared history, but the leadership of most arab countries destroyed our closed ties, and so does the narrative of towards Israel...But there are many (like my father and me) who regret the departure of Jews from North africa and reckon their heritage and positive influence in the region. So you do you think Sephardi would welcome this initative although I'm not Jewish? I plan to collaborate with reputable Scholars and I want to tell theit story as it is, without any complacency, because Arabs often claim that Jews lived peacefully with Arabs until Israel was founded, but that's not entirely true!!!

Kinds regards and Shabath Shalom!!??

Anissa Heart Heart
Where would you like to open the museum? It's a great idea, if one has donors and such. Can you read Hebrew? Books on this topic can certainly been found for research here in Israel.
Heart 
(04-07-2022, 06:04 PM)Jason Wrote: Where would you like to open the museum? It's a great idea, if one has donors and such. Can you read Hebrew? Books on this topic can certainly been found for research here in Israel.

I will open it in Jerusalem I don't really need donors since I make a good living. I can't read hebrew unfortunately, nor can I read arabic, but the musum will be in Arabic, Hebrew, English, French (and I'll setup a system so that most of the content can be understood in several other languages)....But even online, be it only in English...there are so many many serious and reliables sources on Sephardi, and Sephardi still living in muslims countries or the us or latin america are very active in their community...I found an online magazine focusing on Sephardi Jews in Turkey, run by a sephardy jews living in Istambul himself!!And there is enough resources to even organize several exhibitions as soon as it's open....Let's see!