The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ASk the Rabbi Query...
On 6/22/2021 I wrote to Aish.Torah ASk a rabbi the following query:
I was wondering-if anyone sinned and did not repent would they counted as one who has forfeited his place in heaven by publicly transgressing the law? examples would include those who lead others into sin such as Jonadab who took after Balaam's and Ahitophel {Heresy of Peor (explioting the Israelites weakness and providing the means of committing incest) and of those in power doing such actions by persecuting the defenseless {Amnon comitting incest}; tormenting the innocent by actions such as using the Torah to satisy their cruel narrow minded outlook; and again those in power who saved themselves from Israel oppressors by not protecting the defenseless by giving into the oppressors demands such as members of the community to be killed; destroying Jewish settlements and giving away the L-d gift of the Lands of Israel? Please correct me if I am wrong..and what can prevent a Jewish person from committing such sins?

On 6/27/2021 I received the following reply:

Thank you for contacting us.  I am not totally clear as to what you're asking.  Can you please clarify?

With blessings from Jerusalem,
Rabbi Yoni Miller
Aish.com

)n 6/28/2021 clarification
I wondered if those who committed Sinful actions against the Torah and their fellow Jews  be examples: such as giving Evil Consel to others on how to commit sins; or preventing devout Jews from practacting circumsicion or studying Torah; or colloracting with whose who opress Jews by giving over the innocent jews so they can stay alive; or even marrying Non-Jewish Spouses so that any children will not only be not Jewish; they would not be circumsived or even known the Torah; the
Talmund, the Oral law..by these examples of rebelling the Torah and refusing to repent of their actions would they counted as one who has forfeited his place in heaven by publicly transgressing the law?

On 6/30/2021 received a reply
The things you speak of are grave and harmful. Every single instance must  be judged on its own and at the end of the day only the One True Judge in Heaven knows a person's place in the world to come.
>
> With blessings from Jerusalem,
>
> Rabbi Yoni Miller
> Aish.com

from Noone PS of interest According to the Babylon Talmud: "And Thou should not associate with a sinner:....And so we find with Amnon, who associated with Jonadab, the son of Shim'ah, David's brother; and Jonadab was a very sensible man--sensible in wickedness, as it is written [Jer. Iv .22]: Wise are they to do evil." According to others, it is meant that one shall not associate with the wicked,even to study the Torah."[https://books.google.com/books?id=HeifAAAAMAAJ&pg=PA41&dq=Nathan+of+Babylon++on+Jonadab&hl=en&newbks=1&newbks_redir=0&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjcnZ6H2dTxAhVDV80KHcHwC58Q6AF6BAgGEAI#v=onepage&q=Nathan%20of%20Babylon%20%20on%20Jonadab&f=false Babylon Talmud "Tract Aboth"..p.41]
On Goverment reforms see https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/...spx/311624

To Ask a Rabbi at Chabad.
Date: 07/05/2021 
Incident ID: 5397699
Of the Torah and curses:
Question:
In regard to the speaking of curse on someone -does the Torah warn against speaking them? Example King David uttered curses aginst Ahitophel and Joab. The Curses on Ahitophel  were fulfilled but the curses on Joab rebounded back onto David descendants instead of Joabs. Please correct me if Im wrong but is the inference that curses (even when merited) should not be spoken of(or even thought of) least they come back to the person who has uttered them?

07/08/2021 the Answear:
ב"ה
Hi 
Great question.
The Torah most certainly warns us not to curse others. This is considered to be one of the 613 commandments of the Torah, as you can see here..
https://www.chabad.org/961942
What is the reason for this commandment?
1) According to Maimonides (in the above link), this is part of the Torah's concern for the development of our character. In addition to the shame and pain that a person might feel when being cursed by another, even cursing so quietly that no one can hear it is prohibited, to prevent us from "becoming accustomed to getting angry."
2) According to Sefer HaChinuch (Mitzvah 231), in addition to the above reason, perhaps it could also be said that there is some effect on the person being cursed, and therefore the Torah commands us not to harm people through our words just as it commands us not to harm people people through our hands etc.
However, there does not appear to be any commentary that suggests that the reason for this commandment is due to the possibility of the curse rebounding back to the person who said it.
Why?
On the one hand, the notion of a curse rebounding back is a true concept and is stated explicitly in our holy writings (Proverbs 26:2.. https://www.chabad.org/16397) and brought down as well in the Talmud (Sanhedrin 48b) with regards to the story which you referenced of King David cursing Joab.
On the other hand, this applies only by an undeserved curse. This is stated explicitly both in the verse quoted above, and in Rashi's commentary to the Talmud cited above as well. With regards , however, to a curse which is deserved at some level, it would not rebound back to the person saying it (whether it has any effect at all on the person being cursed is a matter of dispute between Maimonides and Sefer HaChinuch, as mentioned earlier, and is also discussed in the Talmud in Tractate Makkot 11a with regards to exiled accidental murderers praying for the death of the high priest).
Note:
In the specific case of Kind David cursing Joab, the commentaries note that the curse was only able to rebound also due to another additional factor - that King Solomon accepted it upon himself, as you can see in I Kings 2:30-31 and in Rashi there. Something interesting to investigate further as to why this was necessary..
https://www.chabad.org/15886
Hope this is helpful.
All the best,
Mendel Fogelman
Chabad.org

query sent 7-9-2021
One argument of Anti-Zionist Jews is that the non-Jewish Nations are bound by the three Oaths to care for Jewish Communites outside Israel...yet in 2016 The United Nations passed a resoluton that Zionist was a form of racism [thanks to Obumas Neutral action that allowed the notion to pass]. Now please correct me if Im wrong but since the UN Vote gives Iran the "Moral" right to proceed against ZIonism/ and invetiablly Jews as well...have the non Jewish Nations finally broken their part of the three Oaths to Protect Jews?
reply 7-9-2021
B"H
Hi
The Holocaust was the greatest violation of the 3 oaths (even if one were to follow the view that the oaths were ever binding upon the Jewish people).
Please don't hesitate to write back if you have any further questions.
Best wishes,
Simcha Bart
Chabad.org

related Anti Zionist Jewsvs Pro zionist Jews
https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/316932

Background on The three Oaths
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Oaths
Observation 80 years ago was the great Shoah in Europe against European Jews
Now its the Arab/african.asian against Jew Communities After 72 years the Arabs/Muslins are "winning" the war against the Jews...Striiping them of any legal righs...taking property with just compensation....killing men and forcing Jewish women into "marraiges" with non Jewish men against their will... Jews of Iran, Tunisa,, Morroco, Algeria, Lebanon...et all take heed of the fate of thy breathen of Iraq and Yemen....Heed the word of the L-d...Stay in Egypt and die or Go Up to Israel and live as Jews....Again the Three Oaths are being broken.....
and related https://www.myjewishlearning.com/article/ultra-orthodox-anti-zionist/

PS on 12-August 2021 I sent the following Query to ASk A Rabbi at Chabadd regarding the Three Oaths:
Please correct me if Im wrong but ever since 2016 when the USA refused to veto a United Nations resolution condemming Zionism and the Nations of the World thus gave Iran the moral backing to procede against Zionism and Jewish communities-is it my iminagation but ever since the last two years are the Nations of the World again violating the Three Oaths between Jewish Nation and gentile Nations especially the pledge not to persecute Jewish Communites? Examples In Europe the rements of Jewish communites are subject to harresment by Anti ZIonist/Jewish Groups; in the Arab/Muslin states of AFrica and the Middle East 95% of Jewish communites have been subject {since 1948] to daily persecution and and order to live have been forced to go up to Israel ? That the other Western countries have also engaged in their our persecutions of Jewish communites--boycott Jewish goods from Israel; equating ZIonism with racism; harrasing persons who are pro-Israel but giving cart blanche to persons whose only goal in life is to destory ISrael and Jews {For example anything from giving them freedom of speech to lecture at Western Colleges to sending nations representavies attending the inauarguation of the Butcher of Theran/Haman in Iran) putting Pressure on Israel to let their swon enemies live alside Jew Communites....the Shoah was the greatest violation of the 3 oatsh..and now it seems that nearly 82 years after the outbreak of the Shoah (1 Sepember 1939)...the world Nations are again starting a world Wide Persecution of Jewish Communites...?

On 12 August 2021 I received a reply
B"H

Hi ,

As terrible as these things are, I think it is bit overreaching to compare it to the Holocaust. Now that was a violation of the oaths. But a UN resolution and the accompanying attacks, I think is a bit of a stretch. Now, this doesn't mean that the nations will not be held liable for all the pain and suffering that this has caused. But to include it in one breath with the Holocaust, just because of what might happen - I believe cheapens the Holocaust. Just as a kid running into the house and saying I am starving, cheapens the lives and suffering of children who are actually dying from hunger...

Please don't hesitate to write back if I can be of any further help.

Best wishes,

Simcha Bart
Chabad.org

query sent of 7-21-2021 ASk A Rabbi Aish Torah
Question:
>
> King Soloman had 1,000 WivesConcubines. Yet he had only about 2-3 children.
> Please correct me if Im wrong but is the implication that because he had too
> many wives, he was blessed with Too few children?
>
> Shalom ;
> Thank you for your interesting question.
Many wives were just concubines. The wives and concubines not always had
> children, so that they remain beautiful. Also as with Abraham, he had
> numerous wives, but the main one was Sarah, and her child Yitzchak is what
> is considered his progeny. Similarly, the descendants of Shlomo were
> considered only those from his main royal wives – (source: “Redak” Genesis
> 25:1).
>
Have a wonderful day!
We hope this has been helpful. With blessings for success,
Rabbi P. Waldman

Date: 07/21/2021
Incident ID: 5403927
Punishments from the L-D?:

Question:
Wondering about Punishments in this life and the afterlife from the L-D? Examples
1) Amnon {similar to his brother Absalom) punished for incest and violating family Purity. Absalom ended up the 7th circle of Gehenna. Yet like Absalom King David wept over Amnon (only twice instead of 8 times for absalom) Did Amnon end up in the 2nd Circle of Gehenna?
2) Titus was after his death broght together again judged and scattered again. Modern Haman Hitler and his underlings {Goering; Borman; Goebbels, Eichmann et al) were also cremated and their ashes scattered. Would they be subject to same punishment as Titus?
3) Today modern Hamans plot the destruction of the Jewish nation with their greedy eyes; lying tongues and evil hearts -trusting in their arrogance and weapons (yet against the Will of the L-d). Will they and their supporters be judged sevenfold for daring wage violence and cruelty against the L-d Nation {Jews)? (IF Im wrong in any assumpations please correct me)

07/23/2021 a reply from Mendel Abelman of Chabad Ask A Rabbi

B"H
Hi
Unfortunately, I could not find any hard sources for your questions, so all we have is speculation.
1) It is very possible that Amnon ended up in the second circle of Gehenna. That makes a lot of sense.
2) Again, we cannot know, but I would imagine that a similar punishment, or worse, is being suffered by them.
3) There is a story in the Talmud about Rabbi Meir. He had some evil neighbors. He prayed that they should be punished for their sins. His wife, Beruriah, said to him: "why pray that they should be punished? Pray that they repent!"
See https://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/112056/jewish/Beruriah.htm.
So, we do not pray that they be punished, but rather that they change for the better.
Let me know if you need any more information.
Have a great weekend!

Query Date 28 July 2021:
Fictional query: Two Jewish Communities have been feuding between each other each claiming that the one is True Torah and the other are heretics. In order to prevent physical violence an arbrotator is appointed to medicate-both claiments use the Torah and Rabbanic authorites to base their cases...AS in case of Heirs quarreling over an estate {the will of the deceased parent whould explain how estate is devided]. Now in this case of one side victory might bright the losing case [Torah/Rabbanic] authorites to disrepute. Now in this case as the L-d is very much alive should the Arbrotator rule that as the L-d Is the Supreme Judge of Man...the decision of who was right and who was wrong must be judged by the L-d and not by man?

Answear Date 28 July 2021
Ref. No. 5406669
B"H
Hi ,
Hard to respond to a hypothetical question, especially when so many details would be required to fully understand the situation. But in general terms, halachic disputes must always be resolved by humans, without intervention from Above.
All the best,
Rabbi Eliezer Zalmanov
for Chabad.org

From Noone Saw this on Sabbath
https://www.chabad.org/parshah/article_cdo/aid/5197173/jewish/Shemitah-A-Deeper-Look.htm

On 15 august 2021 sent the following Query to Ask A Rabbi at Chabad:
Date: 08/15/2021
Incident ID: 5416437
Puzzeled about a Jewish action during the Shoah:
(In Shoah survivors memoir) I read that in a Concentration Camp Jews formed a Beth-din to put the L-d on trial for failing to protect the Jewish People. I am puzzeled as to why they chose this action when 1} the Prophet Samuel reproved Saul that "The Glory of Israel neither retracts nor repents, for he is not man that he should repent> {Also the responces of Elihu and the L-d to Job about how the L-d actions are unknowable to man) now my puzzlement is why man would dare try to judge the the L-d's unknowable actions when the Shoah was laregely done by mankind of his own free will to do an evil crusade aganist the L-d and the Jewish People?

On 16 August 2021 I received the following reply:
B"H
Hi ,
We are not in a position to judge people who were suffering the most unimaginable tortures daily. We cannot know their mental state at the time, nor can we in any way examine their actions. This is why our sages caution us do not judge someone until one is in their place.
May it never happen that we find ourselves in a situation similar to theirs.
Yet, we can learn from them, that despite the terrible suffering they never dismissed G-d - He was a real presence in their lives and experience.
Please don't hesitate to write back if I can be of any further help.
Best wishes,

Simcha Bart
Chabad.org

Nooone See also responce message February 15,2021 https://www.chabad.org/library/article_c...shment.htm

Query-sent to Chabad Ask A Rabbi
Date: 08/22/2021
Incident ID: 5419803
Query regard religion (Torah) in a individual Jews life:

Question:
The Torah is the book upon which a devout Jewish person lives their life...yet I feel compeled to ask the following queries:
If there is case where an Orthdox Jew has to repremand a secular Jew-must the person who gives the repremand try not to be self rightious as the circumstances of the secular oriented Jew may have been that they did not grow up in Torah oriented family? Also even when a Jewish person follows the Torah they must not use it in non religious pursuit of greed-such as cynially using religion to simply advance themselves in pursuit of wealth or power?

Responce received 25 August 2021:
B"H
Hi ,
Thank you for your question.
It seems that you are writing based on an experience you had. Is this the case? If yes, would you mind sharing more details?
1 - The purpose of reprimanding, is to help a person to do the right thing. As such, anything that comes on the way of that, by making the listener less likely to accept the reprimand must be avoided.
2 - That is correct. The Torah should not be used in the pursuit of personal gain.
If you have any further questions, please let us know.
With best wishes for a happy, healthy and sweet New Year,
Rabbi Shlomie Deren

Messages In This Thread
ASk the Rabbi Query... - by Nooone - 05-08-2021, 12:21 AM
RE: ASk the Rabbi Query... - by Nooone - 06-22-2021, 11:32 PM
RE: ASk the Rabbi Query... - by Nooone - 06-30-2021, 10:30 AM
RE: ASk the Rabbi Query... - by Nooone - 07-02-2021, 01:30 PM
RE: ASk the Rabbi Query... - by RabbiO - 07-02-2021, 05:27 PM
RE: ASk the Rabbi Query... - by Nooone - 09-19-2021, 01:58 PM
RE: ASk the Rabbi Query... - by LAsttime - 03-05-2022, 12:21 AM
RE: ASk the Rabbi Query... - by back again - 07-05-2022, 10:57 PM
RE: ASk the Rabbi Query... - by Finaltime - 08-18-2022, 06:52 PM