The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ASk the Rabbi Query...
Date:07/22/2022
Incident ID:5667930
Would Judism Permit..?

Question
First for the record let me say I am not pro-abortion..yet I feel to ask...in case such as that of Amnon rape of his half sister Tamar..would the Torah permit a abortion...and permit the unborn soul to return to the L-D rather than let it be born and for the next 39 generations have the descendants bear the stigma of outcast mamzar from Judisam? If this reasoning is wrong...please correct me

07/25/2022
B"H

Hi ,

There is no-one-size-fits-all answear. Each case is examined individually and a determination is based on the specifics of that situation.

I hope this helps.

All the best

Rabbi Eliezer Zalmonov
for Chabad.org

08/18/2022 I sent the followin g query to ASk A Rabbi at Chabbad....On Judiasm and religios faith:
Years ago I read a saying from Chinses philisopher Confucious-what asked what 3 essentials were he said-suffiecent troops; food and faith. When asked what he would give up first he said troops; and what he would give up second he said food because passing away has been mans fate but a people without faith cannot survive...now is there a simiar saying in judisam..that in order for the Jewish people to survice as People of the Book..they must not only known but embrace the Iron Yoke of the Torah?

08/19/2022

ב"ה

Hi ,

Thank you for sharing this interesting anecdote about Confucious. The answer to your question is yes! - Judaism most certainly does have such a quote.

We know that there are a total of 613 enduring commandments for all generations found in the Torah. There is a famous passage in the Talmud where various attempts are made to 'reduce' the total into either 11, 6, 3, 2 or 1 core ideas that truly capture and hold everything else. The passage ends by quoting the prophet Chavakuk, saying that he was able to have all of the Torah stand on just 1 principle, "But the righteous person shall live by his faith".

The passage is found in Tractate Makkot 24a..
https://www.chabad.org/5458917

Hope this is helpful.

All the best,

Mendel Fogelman
Chabad.org

Question Summary:

Date: 08/19/2022
Incident ID: 5683797
Proper Jewish marriage and courting :

Question:
Is the Torah give examples of what is and is not permitted in Jewish Courting/Marraige practices?
#1) Isaac properly courting his cousin Rebecca before marriage{good example}
#2 Scheam rape-marriage of Dinah (bad example)
#3) Samson keep marrying non-Jewish Philistine women- as he was lead astry by his lustful eyes for which he was blinded? {Bad example)
#4) that a Jewish soldier should not take a non-jewish captive woman as a wife because the son would rebel against his father as happens to King David and Absalom?[bad example]

08/22/2022 received a reply
Ref No 5683797
B"H

Hi ,

Yes, there re definitely good examples and suggestions. You're on the right track.

All the best,

Rabbi Eliezer Zalmanov
for Chabad.org

Speaking of Jewish marriage....

Question Summary:

Date: 08/24/2022
Incident ID: 5686632
Query on Jewish Marriage contracts and the Torah:

Question:
In regard to what is the Torah position on Jewish Marraige contracts...[fictional example] Groom pledges in Marriage contract to regard the bride as his only wife and to support her..he even vows that if he falls in love with another woman...as a second wife..he would not marry without first wife knowlege or permission or he would both divorce 1st wife and in either case support them both...yet he delibertly breaks the terms of the contract...by abandoning 1st wife..to remarry again...and does not divorce her nor support her..... now as to the principle when two persons sign a contract and one person fulfills the terms while the other does not ..rendering the contract null and void...would the Torah presume that the marriage contract is also null and void due to one party breaking the terms of it? If this reasoning is incorrect please correct me.. {note when I write of his choosing to be a bigamist I do not mean a special case when a man;s 1st wife becomes insane and he takes a seco
nd wife after received written permission from 100 rabbis in three different countries} .
08/14/2022 reply
B"H

Hi ,

I can't really comment on a hypothetical, especially with so many details to consider.

Sorry about that.

All the best,

Rabbi Eliezer Zalmanov
for Chabad.org

08/22/2022 query:A few days ago I came across a shocking article in the Israel national newspaper-that the Lapid govt textbooks have excised Jewish history including mention of the 2d Temple and even the Maccabean Revolt...if they succeded in teching Jewish people no knowledge of the Torah....how can they practive Jews if they neather beleive or remember who or waht they are? It would be ironic if Jews in galat know Jewish History from Adam and eve to the Present -rather than Jews who Live in Israel but do now know the life of the Torah? Now is this a challenge for the torah/Orthadox parties to sav e the Jewish spark in Jewish lives from being killed by secular-moderism by teaching all who wish to know what is to be Jewish by openly teaching the Torah/Talmud/Oral law to them?

08/23/2022 reply
Ref. No. 5684889
B"H

Hi ,

Attending a Jewish school, where the focus is actual Judaism, is of utmost importance for all Jewish children, in whatever country they are. I don't know what is specifically happening in Israel in this regard, but if it isn't an actual Jewish school, then we can't really have any expectations.

All the best,

Rabbi Eliezer Zalmanov
for Chabad.org

For the record the article in question

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/358379

See also
https://forum.axishistory.com/viewforum.php?f=58
Article:The Labor_Lapid Goverment shows its real colors....

In a post script regarding sending the link the article in question [an public anoucment of the proof of this outrage action] (Newspaper article) added....the following:

I can only hope that for the sake of Israel...May the People of the Book never forget the Torah....
This reply

B"H

Amen!

All the best,

Rabbi Eliezer Zalmanov
for Chabad.org

One last thought
O Israel Wake up.....any goverment which will not teach thee thy own history......is not worthy to be supported.....at this rate Jews in Galat {Exhile} will know more about Jewish History from Adam to Eve,,then you will....... :oops: Sad :o 8O :?
If that day comes....it will not be a laughing matter......Jewish words for I beleive...also stand for I remember...how can you beleive in thy faith...if you do not remember it.....???????

I would not be suprized if in the future israel textbooks for Jewish students....has this summary of History....

Many centures ago there was a race of Hebrews who came from Iraq.... they first settled in a land called Caanan...but were enslived by egypt. A prophet named Moses led them out.
The Jews settled in Caanan and had a state called Israel...
they had Kings named Saul; David and Solomon ...Solomon built a temple In Jerusalem but it no longer exists.
The Jews were scattered around the World in Disporia {exile}.
In the 1890s the Zionist Movement was founded by Theodore Herzl.
Jews who resettled the Land of Israel in farmming communites...the only real Modern Jews that exist....
In April 1948 the repuvlic of Israel was proclaimed to the world by David Ben Gurion whose life mission was to teach the youth of Israel...to became a modern atheist-secular state after shaking the shame of Disporia customs such as religion.
After fighting a few wars Israel has shown it has not provked Arabs neighbors and wants only peace and universal brotherhood by giving up land and destroying Jewish settlements....."

Oh Youth of Israel Do not turn thy back on who you are...The People of the Book who reside in the L-ds gift of the Land of Israel....
https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/331471

Question Summary:

Date: 08/29/2022
Incident ID: 5689323
L-d Justice measure for measure:

Question:
In 2016 the Nations of the world voted on a measure condemning Zionism as racist of which 50% voted for it and the other 50% refuse to stop this notion by voting to be neutral,..The L-d will deal out justice on all these nations for their actions against Israel....?

Date 09/06/2022
B"H

Hi ,

We surely cannot know what G-d plans on doing or not...our focus is on making this world a better place for Him.

Best wishes,

Chani Benjaminson
Chabad.org

Messages In This Thread
ASk the Rabbi Query... - by Nooone - 05-08-2021, 12:21 AM
RE: ASk the Rabbi Query... - by Nooone - 06-22-2021, 11:32 PM
RE: ASk the Rabbi Query... - by Nooone - 06-30-2021, 10:30 AM
RE: ASk the Rabbi Query... - by Nooone - 07-02-2021, 01:30 PM
RE: ASk the Rabbi Query... - by RabbiO - 07-02-2021, 05:27 PM
RE: ASk the Rabbi Query... - by Nooone - 09-19-2021, 01:58 PM
RE: ASk the Rabbi Query... - by LAsttime - 03-05-2022, 12:21 AM
RE: ASk the Rabbi Query... - by back again - 07-05-2022, 10:57 PM