The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Judaism: The most powerful reason on why I reject Jesus as messiah
Smile 
Jesus was not of the line of David, and therefore was not the messiah. I am going to use the Christian Bible and genetics to prove it.

Jesus’ adopted father Joseph never impregnated Mary, since Mary was somehow impregnated by G-d (Matthew 1:18). Therefore Joseph’s Israelite y-chromosome (a feature that can only be passed down from a human father to a human son through sperm) could have never been passed down to Jesus. Because of this, Jesus was not an Israelite, nor did he carry the root of Jesse. Instead, Jesus was just a demigod. Therefore, Jesus would have supposedly carried the y-chromosome of G-d, suggesting that G-d is a man… and G-d is not a man (Numbers 23:19). G-d does not have a y-chromsome because G-d is spirit.
"Learn to do good; seek justice, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow."
Isaiah 1:17
Right so the standard Christian response to that would be that because Joseph was of the line of David, Jesus was adopted into the line of David. I am not sure if this is Kosher.
(06-30-2019, 11:31 PM)Harachaman Wrote: Right so the standard Christian response to that would be that because Joseph was of the line of David, Jesus was adopted into the line of David. I am not sure if this is Kosher.

Thank you for your response, sir.

My response to them is one cannot simply be adopted as a biological son of Israel. You either carry the y-chromosome or you don't.

I can't just adopt myself into the house of Windsor and claim to be the next British King. They would immediately chop my head off for such a claim. The same goes to Jesus and his claim to David's throne.
"Learn to do good; seek justice, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow."
Isaiah 1:17
(06-30-2019, 11:49 PM)James the Servant Wrote: The same goes to Jesus and his claim to David's throne.

Or, for those who invented Jesus along with "his claim" (their claim) that he was the Messiah.
According to Judaism, anything you can sense with your senses is by definition a creation of The Creator.  Any person, no matter how great he is, is therefore a creation and not The Creator.  

There is no difference to Judaism if you worship a stone idol, an animal or a person as god... it is all idolatry.
(07-01-2019, 07:26 AM)Jason Wrote:
(06-30-2019, 11:49 PM)James the Servant Wrote: The same goes to Jesus and his claim to David's throne.

Or, for those who invented Jesus ...

Huh?
To be is to stand for. - Abraham Joshua Heschel
(08-12-2019, 08:24 PM)nili Wrote: Huh?

Jason does not believe that there was an historical Jesus, based primarily, for him, on arguments put forth by Richard Carrier that Jason finds persuasive.
בקש שלום ורדפהו
(08-12-2019, 09:06 PM)RabbiO Wrote:
(08-12-2019, 08:24 PM)nili Wrote: Huh?

Jason does not believe that there was an historical Jesus, based primarily, for him, on arguments put forth by Richard Carrier that Jason finds persuasive.

That's certainly OK. Pawning off Carrier's position as fact strikes me as somewhat less so. Big Grin
To be is to stand for. - Abraham Joshua Heschel
(08-13-2019, 01:31 AM)nili Wrote: That's certainly OK. Pawning off Carrier's position as fact strikes me as somewhat less so.  Big Grin

Who's pawning anything off? Pawning off the stories written about Jesus as if they were fact is just foolish. Why should I believe what the gospels have to say about anything? What evidence do we have for believing in a historical Jesus? What sources do we have for anything about his life? The only line of evidence put through is the gospels, and the emergence of Christianity can be predicted without the existence of Jesus based on what we see in other mystery cults of the time.
I spent years trying to understand the root causes of Christianity and how it could have emerged from Judaism. It only makes sense as a mystery religion based on the concept of a savior deity, the same as we see in other syncretic cults of the time. We have evidence of a couple of important conceptual strings within Judaism that could easily have produced Christianity. Quite apart from Christianity, we had the idea of the Logos as God's son and high priest of heaven (in the writings of Philo). The Ascension of Isaiah contains what seems to be a pre-Christian mystery text in which the Logos descended through the heavens and clothed itself in gradually less glory until it reached the lowest heaven, in which we exist - and where the devils are fighting in the sky for domination.

The demons encountered the Logos in glory equal to theirs (not above their own, since as the Logos passed between heavens he would give the password at the gate into the new heaven and take on the glory of that specific realm), and they saw him as a competitor for power. They killed him (in the sky) and hung up his body as a shame. He was buried and raised on the third day, all which took place in the sky. His resurrection returned his initial glory to him, and he took prisoners in all the heavens, from the first up to the sixth, where he was seated back in the highest heaven.

This seems to be the earliest form of Christianity.

The biographies we find in the gospels were a late addition aimed at turning the leaders of Christianity into friends and students of some earthly Jesus, which never really existed. Turning their doctrines into statements and parables that came from his mouth. Rooting their religion in history, and allowing them to claim that he was put to death by the enemies of early Christianity: the Romans and the Jews.

You never find Paul, the earliest official peddler of Christian thought beyond the borders of Israel, mentioning Jerusalem in connection to Jesus. He never mentions Jesus preaching, never mentions Mary, never says that he was killed by the Romans, never says that he came from Galilee. There are ZERO biographical details provided by Paul regarding Jesus. Why? These things developed after Paul's lifetime.