The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What about the prophecies of old testament?
I apologize if i have offended all of you.from now on i'll try to be more respectful and only know yours opinions.what do you think about genesis 3:15,daniel 7:10,psalms 110:1and 4.
(07-05-2020, 11:12 PM)Ismq Wrote: I apologize if i have offended all of you.from now on i'll try to be more respectful and only know yours opinions.what do you think about genesis 3:15,daniel 7:10,psalms 110:1and 4.

Thank you.

You didn't really offend us, we just don't want proselytizing from other religions.

You didn't really grasp what I have been saying though. You shouldn't take a chapter and verse and think it is specific to something, you have to look at the whole picture.

But before we move any further, I'll be fair and ask you a question.

You wrote in your last post - "What is in that file is not entirely convincing"

Can you please be more specific, something we can discuss?

What part specifically isn't convincing?

I'm not even sure which file you are referring to.
Of course the file pdf you posted. And what's not entirely convincing for me was: his explanations(i'm not talking about his explanations of the hebrew)trying to fit israel in every verse of isaiah 52:14,15 and 53:2-12.he uses history...etc.also his explaining on how israel's wounds will heal the nations. Also the issue that the gentile nations speak. Also the usage of translation" accepted his prayers"instead of"inflicted upon him".
(07-06-2020, 03:05 AM)Ismq Wrote: Of course the file pdf you posted. And what's not entirely convincing for me was:                                                          his explanations(i'm not talking about his explanations of the hebrew)trying to fit israel in every verse of isaiah 52:14,15 and 53:2-12.he uses history...etc.also his explaining on how israel's wounds will heal the nations.    Also the issue that the gentile nations speak.                        Also the usage of translation" accepted his prayers"instead of"inflicted upon him".

Okay, so you don't think the explanations for those verses are convincing, fair enough.

53:2 - Did you know Israel is referred to in other places in the Hebrew bible as a sapling or a root from dry ground? (Ezekiel 19:13)

53:3 - I showed you in my essay how Israel is described in many places in the Hebrew bible as being despised, rejected and sick

53:5 - It says the servant was wounded from the sins of others, not for the sins of others

53:7 - The Hebrew bible has several places where it says Israel was afflicted and led like a sheep to the slaughter

53:8 - The Hebrew for the phrase "land of the living" always refers to the Land of Israel in the Hebrew bible. So the servant wasn't killed, he was exiled.

53:9 - Again the Hebrew word used here means "deaths" in the plural referring to the people of Israel

53:10 - As I mentioned earlier, according to the Hebrew, the servant here acknowledges guilt

53:11 - The servant will vindicate the righteous with knowledge

So even if we put aside for a moment the thought that Isaiah 53 is speaking of Israel we can clearly see it cannot be about Jesus.

When did you ever hear a Christian say - Did you know Jesus was wounded from the sins of others and by his knowledge you are justified?

How can Jesus be guilty if he is said to have been sinless?

How could Jesus have many deaths?

There is NO mention of the word messiah in this chapter.

There is NO mention of the need for blood to be saved in this chapter.

There is NO mention that you must believe in the servant to be forgiven for your sins and the only way to the father is through the son.

There is NO mention of a second coming to fulfill the prophecies.
But all you said is based in jewish translations of the bible.
(07-07-2020, 07:21 PM)Ismq Wrote: But all you said is based in jewish translations of the bible.

So those Jewish people don't know their own language?
Yes.but among others jewish translations of passages of the bible what about the translation of psalms 110:4?
(07-07-2020, 07:44 PM)Ismq Wrote: Yes.but among others jewish translations of passages of the bible what about the translation of psalms 110:4?

So you agree that the Jewish people know their own language, correct?

What about Psalm 110:4?
Hi, I wanted to start a new thread but was unable to figure out how that is done. I have a question about bowing down to other people. I realize that Mordechai refused to bow to Haman in the Purim story so we learn that bowing to an idol is forbidden. On the other hand, we see that in Genesis 18:2 Abraham bowed before the Arabs who were approaching him. Bereshis 18:2 "And he lifted his eyes and saw, and behold, three men were standing beside him, and he saw and he ran toward them from the entrance of the tent, and he prostrated himself to the ground." Can we infer from this that it is permissible to bow to a person as long as they are not presenting themself as an idol for worship?
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Just to let you know, the first 3 posts are moderated to help keep out spam and bots.

For the future if you want to start a new thread, go to the category, say Judaism General, then almost at the top on the left you would click on the black box that says "Post Thread".

I think you may have answered your own question. Bowing as a courtesy in respect is a lot different than bowing to an idol.

I'll let others chime in to see their take on your question.