The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Israel hasn't built the Third Temple of Jerusalem...
... since its foundation in 1948? What are they waiting for? A signal from Heaven (from Hashem)? Or maybe do they expect the arrival of the Mashiaj?
(07-20-2020, 02:15 AM)Carlos P.D. Wrote: ... since its foundation in 1948? What are they waiting for? A signal from Heaven (from Hashem)? Or maybe do they expect the arrival of the Mashiaj?

Let’s start with the fact that for just under two decades after Israel’s inception Jerusalem was a diced city.

Forgive my curiosity, but any particular reason you use Hashem when referring to G-d?
בקש שלום ורדפהו
Hello, RabbiO, I use the word Hashem instead of God because I like the meaning of that word: "The Name". Do you know something? The first time I entered to these forums you asked me the same question. Do you remember?
And getting back to the post question. I read that in the War of Six Days (in June of 1967) Israel recovered the city of Jerusalem. I think that Hashem helped the Jews in that war and the others wars since the independence of the nation in 1948. Israel is still alive for one reason: Hashem wants to fulfil his promises explained to the prophets in the Tanaj. Although the U.N. could oppose, when the Mashiaj comes and establishes his kingdom in the land of Israel, the Jews finally will be redeemed and will live happy together forever.
So I would like to know if Jews are interested in building the Third Temple of Jerusalem to recover a more direct connection with their God. Or maybe they can't do it by now because they need the Mashiaj gives the order to erect the Temple?
(07-20-2020, 01:12 PM)Carlos P.D. Wrote: Hello, RabbiO, I use the word Hashem instead of God because I like the meaning of that word: "The Name". Do you know something? The first time I entered to these forums you asked me the same question. Do you remember?

I’m lucky that I remember yesterday!
בקש שלום ורדפהו
Outside of Orthodoxy most Jews are not really looking for a new Temple to be built and certainly not for a restoration of the sacrificial system. Most Orthodox Jews do not expect a Temple to be built until the time of the Messiah. Most Ultra-Orthodox consider the State of Israel to be an affront to G-d. Many of them believe the Holocaust was caused by G-d being furious at Jews for embracing Zionism.
בקש שלום ורדפהו
Thanks for your interesting reply, RabbiO.

Nevertheless, I don't think that God punish the Jews with the Holocaust (or the Shoa). I think that Hashem used it to allow their People can afford a new territory where living in peace. If Israel still haven't peace with his neighbors, maybe there's some religious reasons that God is evaluating before sending the Messiah to the Jews.
Taking the Temple Mount by force would lead to all-out war. If you think that should happen, why don't you get your butt over here and fight it? Why put my nation at risk for the sake of religious fanaticism? Don't be so quick to deal out death and war. We've seen enough of both to know that these are very human problems with which the Transcendent rarely gets involved.
There was an attempt to rebuild the temple under Julian the Apostate; from what I have read it failed under unusual circumstances that were seen as being of divine origin. Another source says that the Christians burned it down. Also Persians murdered Jews emigrating for the project and there was resistance by some of the Jewish leadership.