The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bnei Noah
I sometimes have the impression, that some people are not very happy about the coming domination of HASHEM. Ok, I understand that, many loved behaviors are not fitting to HASHEM#s view. But, consider this: the creator of the world and of mankind will take control. It is the best thing, humanity can happen. Trust HASHEM, get a connection to him, his arms are wide open! He even embraces a gentile like me! He loves every human being like a father. Open your heart and he will open his!
Consider this: you jews have the terrific opportunity to get every of the 613 mizwot. I, as a gentile, do not have it. The mizwot are getting the world and every of our doings holy, remember that! I will say it in other words: YOU make the world and its enviroments holy! The mizwot directly connects you to HASHEM! You have a duty, and it is sweet and light, I would give my right arm for it!
I am not a jew and that fills me with sorrow. I would do everything for HASHEM, so I tell you: become a chassidic, become a chabad or breslov jew and make aliyah, you will not regret it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRs9Af75MUU&t=688s
(07-26-2020, 09:31 AM)GavrielbenNoah77 Wrote: I am not a jew and that fills me with sorrow. I would do everything for HASHEM, so I tell you: become a chassidic, become a chabad or breslov jew and make aliyah, you will not regret it!

How dare you! 

Never ever, not now, not tomorrow, not next week, not ever, have the arrogance, the gall, the chutzpah to tell me, or any other Jew, how to be a Jew, what to do as a Jew, what it means to be a Jew.

You have neither the knowledge nor the understanding to sit and pass judgement on how any Jew chooses to live his or her Jewishness. You may be enamored of the Hasidim. That’s fine. Hasidism is a valid and authentic expression of Judaism, but it is not the only valid and authentic way Judaism expresses itself.

I know Hasidim. I am involved in cooperative endeavors with Hasidic rabbis. There are aspects of Hasidism that are admirable, but on the whole I have no need or desire to be a Hasid.

I do not appreciate an obnoxious gentile shill for Hasidism telling me and other Jews that we ought to be Hasidic.

Later today, after I’ve had my prune danish and hot tea and calmed down, I may regret the harshness of this post.... but don’t count on it.
בקש שלום ורדפהו
(05-25-2020, 03:05 PM)GavrielbenNoah77 Wrote: I am not a jew and that fills me with sorrow. I would do everything for HASHEM, so I tell you: become a chassidic, become a chabad or breslov jew and make aliyah, you will not regret it!

I think it would be better to say something like you believe the Jewish people should follow G-d's Torah, that we will not regret it.

Sometimes it gets a little "sticky" if we start suggesting different groups or of Judaism.
I do apologize! I did not ment it the way I wrote it. Sorry for that. Sometimes I am a little overwhelmed in my religious thoughts. Who am I to give other people advices?

Again: I do apologize! Or (more lietrally) I beg your pardon!

P.S.
@RabbiO: You are well known for your calmness, I hope, you will calm down and pardon me Smile Just to give you an offer of peace: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2WP5_8Fb28

Life is short and to be angry is not an option Smile
Some happiness is always good: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYJuz8fjXbY
(07-26-2020, 04:30 AM)GavrielbenNoah77 Wrote: I sometimes have the impression, that some people are not very happy about the coming domination of HASHEM. Ok, I understand that, many loved behaviors are not fitting to HASHEM#s view. But, consider this: the creator of the world and of mankind will take control. It is the best thing, humanity can happen. Trust HASHEM, get a connection to him, his arms are wide open! He even embraces a gentile like me! He loves every human being like a father. Open your heart and he will open his!

I don't personally think that theocracy would be a good thing, no matter which religion comes to power. I think we need to rule ourselves through democracy with reason and scientific investigation as our pathways to truth. I don't know if that is just me or what, but I cannot imagine that living in a theocracy would ever be a good thing. I don't like tyranny either, though.
(07-26-2020, 04:42 AM)GavrielbenNoah77 Wrote: Consider this: you jews have the terrific opportunity to get every of the 613 mizwot. I, as a gentile, do not have it. The mizwot are getting the world and every of our doings holy, remember that! I will say it in other words: YOU make the world and its enviroments holy! The mizwot directly connects you to HASHEM! You have a duty, and it is sweet and light, I would give my right arm for it!

I don't see why non-Jews cannot make the world just as holy as anyone else. The Torah tells us that Israel is the nation of priest for the rest of the world. That would imply that the rest of the world also serves God, else they would not need priests. Don't count yourself out, and don't put Jews on a pedestal. We're normal people, and we all have our own strengths and weaknesses. Don't expect us to be religious for you. You do your thing, and we'll all do what we think is right.

By the way, the whole "each person did what was right in his own eyes" sounds better to me that "each person was forced to do what was right in the eyes of the leader" or "each person did what was evil in his own eyes." Both of these latter options are much more damaging, in my opinion.
(07-26-2020, 09:31 AM)GavrielbenNoah77 Wrote: I am not a jew and that fills me with sorrow. I would do everything for HASHEM, so I tell you: become a chassidic, become a chabad or breslov jew and make aliyah, you will not regret it!

I made aliyah. Thirteen years ago. I was far more religiously observant when I lived in the States, mainly because my connection to being Jewish was through the synagogue. I don't attend a synagogue now, though I was attending a Conservative synagogue for a few years when I first arrived. (Went to a few different Orthodox synagogues with friends and friends' families, but I am much more comfortable in Conservative and Reform shuls.) My connection with my Judaism today is through the fact that I live with and among Jews of every type. I live the holiday cycle, the yearly observances, visit Chabad rabbis at their homes for Shabbat dinners, etc. I am not convinced of faith questions as I used to be, though I do spend a lot of time in the text of the Bible and continue to teach Hebrew several times a week.

I don't feel that I necessarily do mitsvot, though what mitsvot I do come naturally to me just by my doing my best to be a moral person. I think that if you devote time to try to determine right behavior and then you live according to it, you can't be far from doing what is good and right in the world—whether you belong to a religious community or not.