The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Luke 6:41-42
(02-21-2021, 07:46 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote: It's readily available and has been for thousands of years!

That may be the case but I am not thousands of years old! That's why I ask. I have no problems with Jewish wisdom and viewpoints. If there is an option I would love to learn from you. What I don't like is your hatred of christian faith (by the way,  your fight would be unnecessary if you were a happy and satisfied Jew. It must cost a lot of energy and time that you could use otherwise).
(02-22-2021, 09:44 AM)Blue Bird Wrote:
(02-21-2021, 07:46 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote: It's readily available and has been for thousands of years!

That may be the case but I am not thousands of years old! That's why I ask. I have no problems with Jewish wisdom and viewpoints. If there is an option I would love to learn from you. What I don't like is your hatred of christian faith (by the way,  your fight would be unnecessary if you were a happy and satisfied Jew. It must cost a lot of energy and time that you could use otherwise).

I was just pointing out that we have this wisdom going back a long time.

I/we don't really hate Christianity as there are many nice, giving, loving people that are Christians.

What we do hate is when we are told we are not complete, or what our Hebrew bible says when it was given to us and we understand the language it is written in.

Yes, it does cause a lot of time, energy and money that could be well spent elsewhere. If millions upon millions of dollars weren't spent by Christian organizations who use the money to convert Jews, we wouldn't have to do so.

But on the other hand it seems that G-d has a plan in action. That is because more and more Jews are learning the truth of Judaism by being confronted by missionaries. It is causing them to seek, search and study Judaism, something that might have been missing from their lives.

It also has brought many, many Christians to take a deeper look into their own religion and see how it doesn't measure up to the claims of what they are teaching in reference to the Hebrew bible.

We can all play nice, if we just have an intelligent conversation and respect each others beliefs.
I am glad to hear that your negative attitude is not against Christianity in general. Although we don't really live an a christian word, Christianity is more common than Judaism. So I don't know how it feels like if you are overwhelmed by other believes.

There are also a growing number of Christians who come out of Israel, organisations that are based there. As native hebrew speakers they understand the hebrew bible very well.

Money flows into the Holy Land also from Jews who want to suppress Christianity. My thought about this is 2. Chronicles 20: Ye shall not need to fight in this battle.

G-d managed to reestablish the State of Israel. Will He not fight for you as well?
Not everyone who is a native Hebrew speaker knows the Bible very well. That is a bias, and it's not true. I know. I talk about the Bible constantly with Hebrew speakers.
(02-23-2021, 08:02 AM)Blue Bird Wrote: I am glad to hear that your negative attitude is not against Christianity in general. Although we don't really live an a christian word, Christianity is more common than Judaism. So I don't know how it feels like if you are overwhelmed by other believes.

There are also a growing number of Christians who come out of Israel, organisations that are based there. As native hebrew speakers they understand the hebrew bible very well.

Money flows into the Holy Land also from Jews who want to suppress Christianity. My thought about this is 2. Chronicles 20: Ye shall not need to fight in this battle.

G-d managed to reestablish the State of Israel. Will He not fight for you as well?

If I'm not mistaken, Christianity is the major religion of the world.

By contrast, Jewish people only account for less than 1% of the world population and not all Jewish people are religious, so yes, it can be overwhelming at times!

The only reason money flows into the Holy Land to suppress Christianity, is to stop missionaries from trying to convert Jews. If there weren't people trying to convert us, then we wouldn't have to spend money trying to stop them.

But as I said in a previous post, the money we are spending is sometimes useful to help educate Jews and others alike.

Will G-d "fight" for us?

I think He gives us the ability and tools fight for ourselves when it comes to spiritual matters.

As Hosea says, the people perish for lack of knowledge.
Hm, I think that I can understand you a little better now.

One thing I want to say about conversion. At this present time there are no violent conversions in the western world (that would be a strong reason to fight). No organisation or human can convert another healthy adult against his will. Those attempts may be annoying sometimes. So what? Turn around and go your way. You don't need to see it as a threat.

Dana, I'm sorry that my post is off topic. I remember no parallel of Luke 6.
(02-23-2021, 07:38 PM)Blue Bird Wrote: Hm, I think that I can understand you a little better now.

One thing I want to say about conversion. At this present time there are no violent conversions in the western world (that would be a strong reason to fight). No organisation or human can convert another healthy adult against his will. Those attempts may be annoying sometimes. So what? Turn around and go your way. You don't need to see it as a threat.

Dana, I'm sorry that my post is off topic. I remember no parallel of Luke 6.

Yes, you are correct, no one seems to be converting anyone by force nowadays anyway (although the Church has a very long history as well as Islam of doing so). In contrast, I don't see any history of forced conversion by the Jewish people that I know of.

Yes, we should just turn around an be on our way. But sometimes things go over the line.

It would be something like satan worshipers handing out pamphlets at the Vatican or during an event, it's just not "kosher".

You may not agree, but for Christian organizations to spend millions upon millions of dollars just to convert Jews seems like the money could be better well spent helping those in need. I realize there is a lot of money that goes to helping those in need, but another few million would be nice!
(02-23-2021, 09:39 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote: Yes, you are correct, no one seems to be converting anyone by force nowadays anyway (although the Church has a very long history as well as Islam of doing so). In contrast, I don't see any history of forced conversion by the Jewish people that I know of.

The only incident that comes immediately to mind is when John Hyrcanus forcibly converted the Idumeans to Judaism. That didn't turn out all that well. It gave us Herod.
בקש שלום ורדפהו
(02-23-2021, 10:10 PM)RabbiO Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 09:39 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote: Yes, you are correct, no one seems to be converting anyone by force nowadays anyway (although the Church has a very long history as well as Islam of doing so). In contrast, I don't see any history of forced conversion by the Jewish people that I know of.

The only incident that comes immediately to mind is when John Hyrcanus forcibly converted the Idumeans to Judaism. That didn't turn out all that well. It gave us Herod.

Well, I guess there is always one in the crowd!

Thanks for the info RabbiO.

Yes, we should just turn around an be on our way. But sometimes things go over the line.

It would be something like satan worshipers handing out pamphlets at the Vatican or during an event, it's just not "kosher".

You may not agree, but for Christian organizations to spend millions upon millions of dollars just to convert Jews seems like the money could be better well spent helping those in need. I realize there is a lot of money that goes to helping those in need, but another few million would be nice!

It wouldn't surprise me if the Vatikan took those pamphlets and enjoyed them. If we had a satanist at our church, it wouldn't bother us much. We would throw him out however, if he was violent or loud. My experience is that a satan worshipper doesn't feel confortable at services.

History has a big impact on us and some incidents can never be forgotten. I honestly admire the Jewish people, that they laugh and live dispite all the things they have gone through.

Still I don't think that constant criticism of Christianity is a good way. (one reason of cause is that I am a Christian and I don't like to be criticised. The other reason is the big chain that ties you up with the object of your criticism in a negative way.)