The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What will the Jewish Messiah be like?
I would like to get an impression of who the expected Jewish Messiah is.

It looks like all Jews agree that Jesus isn't their Messiah. Is it also clear who he will be? Which are the scriptures that are important here?

Please don't refer to Jesus. Otherwise I have a hard time figering out what the Jewish Messiah is like.

It's like having 2 cars, of which I only see one. All I know about the other is, that it has not those wheels and the colour is totally different. And by the way, the size is much bigger.

How important is he?
How do you make sure that it is not a false Messiah (here I refer to Revelation 13 in the Christian bible)?
When will he come and what exactly will he do?

Off topic: I wish Israel a happy 73rd Independence Day!
(04-15-2021, 06:09 PM)Blue Bird Wrote: It looks like all Jews agree that Jesus isn't their Messiah. 
I disagree based on Wikipedia which says: "In general, Orthodox Judaism considers individuals born of Jewish mothers to be Jewish, even if they convert to or are raised in another religion." so there will be ethnic Jews who are Christian.
(04-15-2021, 06:31 PM)ctjacobs Wrote:
(04-15-2021, 06:09 PM)Blue Bird Wrote: It looks like all Jews agree that Jesus isn't their Messiah. 
I disagree based on Wikipedia which says: "In general, Orthodox Judaism considers individuals born of Jewish mothers to be Jewish, even if they convert to or are raised in another religion." so there will be ethnic Jews who are Christian.

Thank you for that information.
Bluebird,

Thank you for your question.

Here is something from a website titled "Judaism's Answer" and goes into some detail and might answer your question.

We don't know who he will be but we will know he is here when the things that are mentioned have or are happening.

1. End of Exile
2. World peace
3. A King of David's line leading
4. Israel G-d's people

Isaiah 11:1-16
Jeremiah 30:1-25
Ezekiel 37:21-28

There are many more passages, but here is a list that are similar to the above 3:
Deut. 30:1-10
Isaiah 2:2-4
Ezekiel 34:20-31
Ezekiel 36:22-38
Jeremiah 23:5-8
Hello searchinmyroots,

this is too much text, I can't find the needle in a haystack and the answers to my questions by reading these scriptures (these are amazing texts, thanks for your study!).

I guess I need it the other way around. The answer and then the scripture behind it.
(04-15-2021, 10:28 PM)Blue Bird Wrote: Hello searchinmyroots,

this is too much text, I can't find the needle in a haystack and the answers to my questions by reading these scriptures (these are amazing texts, thanks for your study!).

I guess I need it the other way around. The answer and then the scripture behind it.

Bluebird,

Okay, let me give it a try -

Is it also clear who he will be?  There is nothing to indicate what his name is or what he will look like, just some passages referring to where he will be from and what will happen during his arrival

Which are the scriptures that are important here?
Micah 5 tells us he will come from the clan Bethlehem Ephrathah of Judah.
Isaiah 2 and 11 tells us there will be world peace.
Jeremiah 30 and Ezekiel 36 tells us of the in gathering of the Jewish people.
Jeremiah 23 and Ezekiel 34 tells us Isreal will dwell safely

How important is he?
Depends what you think is important. He will help usher in the messianic age to fulfill what will happen at that time.

How do you make sure that it is not a false Messiah (here I refer to Revelation 13 in the Christian bible)?
If all what is written doesn't  happen during his reign, then he isn't the awaited Jewish messiah. There have been several Jews who were thought to be the awaited messiah, but when it was apparent not all of the prophecies occurred during his time, we knew the true messiah had not yet arrived.

No mention of when he will arrive.
It's not really what he will do, but what will happen when he is here such as world peace, the return of the Jewish people to Israel, the rebuilding of the 3rd Temple and the universal knowledge of the true G-d of Israel to name a few.

These are all specific, clear passages that are repeated constantly by the prophets in the Hebrew bible.

Does that help at all?

Anyone else here is free to chime in!
(04-16-2021, 06:11 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote: Bluebird,

Okay, let me give it a try -

Is it also clear who he will be?  There is nothing to indicate what his name is or what he will look like, just some passages referring to where he will be from and what will happen during his arrival

Which are the scriptures that are important here?
Micah 5 tells us he will come from the clan Bethlehem Ephrathah of Judah.
Isaiah 2 and 11 tells us there will be world peace.
Jeremiah 30 and Ezekiel 36 tells us of the in gathering of the Jewish people.
Jeremiah 23 and Ezekiel 34 tells us Isreal will dwell safely

How important is he?
Depends what you think is important. He will help usher in the messianic age to fulfill what will happen at that time.

If all what is written doesn't  happen during his reign, then he isn't the awaited Jewish messiah. There have been several Jews who were thought to be the awaited messiah, but when it was apparent not all of the prophecies occurred during his time, we knew the true messiah had not yet arrived.

No mention of when he will arrive.
It's not really what he will do, but what will happen when he is here such as world peace, the return of the Jewish people to Israel, the rebuilding of the 3rd Temple and the universal knowledge of the true G-d of Israel to name a few.

These are all specific, clear passages that are repeated constantly by the prophets in the Hebrew bible.

Does that help at all?

Anyone else here is free to chime in!

So the messiah is a smart politician who perhaps expands the Abraham accord to a point where the 3rd temple can be built (and maybe a little earthquake will help crumble the house that's currently there). I heard that the Temple Institute has prepared many garments and equipment for the use in the new temple. 

His personality remains pale to me. If I get it right, he is simply a very mighty man who achieves world peace and security for Israel. Then he will die and pass on his reign to his son and the messianic age will persist eternally.
Bluebird,

Here is an article that may help as well -

https://jewsforjudaism.org/knowledge/art...he-messiah
(04-19-2021, 01:55 AM)searchinmyroots Wrote: Bluebird,

Yes searchinmyroots, now I have a small impression. I'm a little disappointed, too. I thought there would be more about him, considering the excitement that I found in the scriptures you told me before. Its great to build the 3rd temple and bring peace to Israel and the word. But there are still many questions open, for example how will he get all the nations to accept the G-d of Israel? That would mean that almost 8 billion people would have to find a rabbi who converts them after one year of learning. Only then it could be one flock with one shepherd. Maybe it's just because of my lack of understanding of Judaism.
(04-19-2021, 07:41 AM)Blue Bird Wrote:
(04-19-2021, 01:55 AM)searchinmyroots Wrote: Bluebird,

Yes searchinmyroots, now I have a small impression. I'm a little disappointed, too. I thought there would be more about him, considering the excitement that I found in the scriptures you told me before. Its great to build the 3rd temple and bring peace to Israel and the word. But there are still many questions open, for example how will he get all the nations to accept the G-d of Israel? That would mean that almost 8 billion people would have to find a rabbi who converts them after one year of learning. Only then it could be one flock with one shepherd.  Maybe it's just because of my lack of understanding of Judaism.

Well, it's not very clear how things will take place, but it is very clear what will.

There is an old saying in Judaism, not sure exactly how it goes but here is it's meaning (I'm not doing it any justice but the message should be clear) -

There was a gathering for a Jewish event and it seemed as if too many people would show up and there wouldn't be enough space. So one person asked another - How will it be possible to fit all of these people in such a small space? Miraculously, they all fit as G-d will find a way.

Same goes when people ask how all of the Jewish people will be able to return to Israel.