The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Books by Former Christians
(06-09-2021, 10:38 PM)Jason Wrote:
(06-08-2021, 07:18 PM)Blue Bird Wrote:
(06-08-2021, 06:40 PM)Jason Wrote: Well, maybe what is today called the Septuagint is a Christian creation aimed at supporting Christianity, but not the Hebrew text.

As far as I know, most of the Septuagint was completed several years before Christ.

It's more appropriate to speak of the several Greek editions that were made. Some were made before "Christ" and others were made after "Christ." It's hard to know what was original to the "Septuagint" and what was changed, since the preserved versions of the text so-called are Christian writings, attached to the "New Testament" in codex form.

I'm not so much interested in the Septuagint and I know little about it. But I saw the video searchinmyroots posted, I think it's well explained there.
(06-08-2021, 06:40 PM)Jason Wrote: Well, maybe what is today called the Septuagint is a Christian creation aimed at supporting Christianity, but not the Hebrew text.

As far as I know, most of the Septuagint was completed several years before Christ.

(06-10-2021, 07:31 AM)Blue Bird Wrote:
(06-09-2021, 09:43 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote: That would be nice, I'd definitely like to hear you sing and play!

I play guitar too. Now to find the chords to play the song. Unless you're really good and can come up with a chord melody for it.

It would be nice to play the song together.

I found a link with chords for Adon Olam: https://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/tab/uzi...ds-1487599

Thanks Bluebird!

I've used that site before.

I'll try it out and see how the chords they have listed sound. He wrote it's not in the original key.

What type of guitar do you have?
(06-10-2021, 12:08 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote:
(06-09-2021, 09:43 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote: That would be nice, I'd definitely like to hear you sing and play!

I play guitar too. Now to find the chords to play the song. Unless you're really good and can come up with a chord melody for it.

I found a link with chords for Adon Olam: https://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/tab/uzi...ds-1487599

Thanks Bluebird!

I'll try it out and see how the chords they have listed sound. He wrote it's not in the original key.

Oh, it's easy to transpose the key. When I was younger, I played the piano and I still have a good memory of the piano keys.  Do you have a clue what the original might be?

I have a common acoustic guitar. What do you play?

(06-10-2021, 05:06 PM)Blue Bird Wrote:
(06-10-2021, 12:08 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote:

Thanks Bluebird!

Oh, it's easy to transpose the key. When I was younger, I played the piano and I still have a good memory of the piano keys.  Do you have a clue what the original might be?

I have a common acoustic guitar. What do you play?

I found this using a capo - https://thejewishchords.com/adon-olam

I have 2 electrics and 1 acoustic.
(06-10-2021, 09:21 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote: I found this using a capo - https://thejewishchords.com/adon-olam

You like music too, hm?

I don't use a capo, I take the finger for the barre handles. Therefore I prefer the chords, so my finger can relax sometimes. 

First I am busy learning the Hebrew text. When the speed increases my tongue gets a knot.
I have a classical guitar, a few different travel guitars, one of which is electric. I've been wanting to get a Koa wood steel string acoustic for a long time but haven't gotten around to it. I also have a couple of Deering banjos, one of which is custom made, and a beautiful custom mandolin that I fool around with sometimes. Also thinking of getting a ukulele.

(06-11-2021, 01:22 AM)robrecht Wrote: I have a classical guitar, a few different travel guitars, one of which is electric. I've been wanting to get a Koa wood steel string acoustic for a long time but haven't gotten around to it. I also have a couple of Deering banjos, one of which is custom made, and a beautiful custom mandolin that I fool around with sometimes. Also thinking of getting a ukulele.

Wow, that's a lot of gear Robrecht!!

I'm in the market for a new acoustic electric and have been looking at the Taylor's and Martin's.

If I'm not mistaken, Taylor has a nice guitar made of Koa wood.

(06-10-2021, 10:24 PM)Blue Bird Wrote:
(06-10-2021, 09:21 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote: I found this using a capo - https://thejewishchords.com/adon-olam

You like music too, hm?

I don't use a capo, I take the finger for the barre handles. Therefore I prefer the chords, so my finger can relax sometimes. 

First I am busy learning the Hebrew text. When the speed increases my tongue gets a knot.

I've never used a capo either but am thinking I should for some songs. Not sure what you mean by "take the finger for the barre handles".

I thought all a capo did was move up the chord to the next position.
(06-11-2021, 02:05 AM)searchinmyroots Wrote: If I'm not mistaken, Taylor has a nice guitar made of Koa wood.

Yep, that's the one I've been wanting. Beautiful wood. Beautiful sound.
I have a piano and guitar.i can play drums,kettledrum,conga,bass.