The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Jewish Messiah
There is a lot of discussion about the awaited Jewish messiah and what will happen when he arrives.

So how will we know who and when?

The only place to look for the answer is the Hebrew bible.

First, it must  be noted the Hebrew bible never mentions "The Messiah" as a specific person who will usher in the Messianic era.

But there are many verses related to what this person will accomplish and what the world will be like when he arrives.

So basically, this messiah, or better stated, anointed one, will usher in the messianic era, as foretold in the Hebrew Bible, and to preside

over the people of Israel as their king, sitting on the throne of King David.

The successful candidate will possess attributes that must include, but are not necessarily limited to, the following:

1. Be the seed (a direct descendant) of King David, through King Solomon
(e.g., 2Samuel 7:12-16)
2. Be a spiritual and political/military leader (e.g., Isaiah 2:3, 11:2-3,6; Daniel
7:14)
3. Be married and have children during his term (e.g., Ezekiel 46:16-17)

The successful candidate will be expected to complete the messianic agenda and, thereby, bring about certain conditions during his reign, though some actions will commence prior to his being identified as the Messiah. These must include, but not necessarily be limited to, the following:

1. The coming of Elijah to herald the Messiah’s arrival (e.g., Malachi 3:1,23-
24[4:5-6]3)
2. Building the Third Temple in Jerusalem (e.g., Ezekiel 37:26-28)
3. In-gathering of the Jewish exiles to the Promised Land (e.g., Isaiah 11:12)
4. Reunifying Judah and Israel into one people (e.g., Ezekiel 37:22,24)
5. Establishing world peace (e.g., Isaiah 2:4)
6. Bringing about the universal knowledge of God (e.g., Isaiah 11:9)
7. Realizing the general resurrection of the dead (e.g., Daniel 12:2)

There have been many whom were thought to be the messiah, but when it was realized they did not accomplish all of what was foretold in the Hebrew bible, were dismissed as being so.

So we wait for those days when the signs of the anointed one arrives, the nations of the world will live in peace and know the One true G-d of Israel.

May it come speedily in our time.

Excerpts taken from Uri Yosef article.
I appreciate this text without attacks on the "other" side! Thank you.
(08-17-2023, 06:18 PM)Blue Bird Wrote: I appreciate this text without attacks on the "other" side! Thank you.

Blue Bird,

Just wanted to put it out there of the Jewish view of the Jewish messiah and the messianic era.

I try not to "attack", I think of it more as "defend".

But I can see how sometimes it may come across that way.

Don't meant to offend others, just protect the Jewish people and Judaism's belief in the G-d of Israel.
Hi searchinmyroots, just stopped in to say "hi".

"3. In-gathering of the Jewish exiles to the Promised Land (e.g., Isaiah 11:12)"

The final redemption seems to be in Ezekiel 39:28.
Hello Dougg.
(09-03-2023, 03:17 AM)Douggg Wrote: Hi searchinmyroots, just stopped in to say "hi".

"3. In-gathering of the Jewish exiles to the Promised Land (e.g., Isaiah 11:12)"

Do you think this includes all 12 tribes? Or are there really only 2 left?
(09-04-2023, 05:52 PM)Blue Bird Wrote:
(09-03-2023, 03:17 AM)Douggg Wrote: Hi searchinmyroots, just stopped in to say "hi".

All twelve tribes because the land of Israel was promised to the children of Israel as theirs forever.

Also, if a person happens to be a Christian, like me, in Revelation 7, are the sealing of 12,000 from each of the 12 tribes.

Note:  I am not speaking on behalf of Judaism, nor Jews.     Let's hear what they have to say about all twelve tribes being part of what Judaism calls "the final redemption".
(09-04-2023, 05:52 PM)Blue Bird Wrote:

I believe that the ingathering of exiles will reveal the identities of all who are Jewish, as descended from all 12 tribes. Additionally, the current Jewish people, descended from the Nation of Judah, include members of at least 3 tribes (Judah, Benjamin, Levi) and probably more, as when the Kingdom of Israel was exiled, stragglers escaped into Judah from those 10 tribes.
(09-05-2023, 05:34 PM)rosends Wrote: I believe that the ingathering of exiles will reveal the identities of all who are Jewish, as descended from all 12 tribes. Additionally, the current Jewish people, descended from the Nation of Judah, include members of at least 3 tribes (Judah, Benjamin, Levi) and probably more, as when the Kingdom of Israel was exiled, stragglers escaped into Judah from those 10 tribes.

It is good to see you here. The folks on this forum will soon come to realize, if you choose to actively particpate, how fortunate they are to have a resource such as you to call upon. I hope you will not mind if I take this opportunity to point out that you are not only a caring high school English teacher, but you are also an Orthodox rabbi.
בקש שלום ורדפהו
(09-12-2023, 09:44 PM)RabbiO Wrote:
(09-05-2023, 05:34 PM)rosends Wrote: I believe that the ingathering of exiles will reveal the identities of all who are Jewish, as descended from all 12 tribes. Additionally, the current Jewish people, descended from the Nation of Judah, include members of at least 3 tribes (Judah, Benjamin, Levi) and probably more, as when the Kingdom of Israel was exiled, stragglers escaped into Judah from those 10 tribes.

It is good to see you here. The folks on this forum will soon come to realize, if you choose to actively particpate, how fortunate they are to have a resource such as you to call upon. I hope you will not mind if I take this opportunity to point out that you are not only a caring high school English teacher, but you are also an Orthodox rabbi.

I hope that Rosends is still here and will stay.