The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Judaism vs Christianity
Thanks.

He says right after that "We should try to understand the text".

So aren't you learning something when you understand it?
You are welcome.

He usually chooses his words carefully. Perhaps he was describing how the Satmar community views Torah studies in contrast to non-ultra-Orthodox communities.
Might be!

I didn't have time to listen to the whole thing so you might have a better perspective on it.
(07-12-2022, 07:10 PM)Blue Bird Wrote:
(07-11-2022, 09:09 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote: Blue Bird,

I'm not sure if I want to have this discussion as I don't want to offend you even if it is not my purpose.

Here is a quick one that I'm sure can be debated with no real outcome -

Paul says in Hebrews 9:22 -
"And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission"

What does Paul mean by that? I don't need to know about Jesus and how he shed his blood for the remission of sin, I want to know what Paul means because obviously he is referring to the Hebrew bible.

Please try to keep it short and to the point.

I'm not trying to silence your view, just don't want to go off in all different directions.

Thank you Blue Bird.

I look forward to a respectful discussion.

Please you too try to keep it short and to the point so we don't go off in all different directions.

For it is the blood that atones for the soul.

There is no mention that it means only specific sins that are atoned by blood or that there are other ways to atone for the soul.

My English isn't that good, so I might misunderstand you. You said:

Yes, blood and certain types of offerings can atone for certain sins.

... means to me that sins are forgiven or remissioned. I don't understand where you see the difference to the remission of sin in Hebrews.

Honestly I think your mind is in a fight mode and it doesn't really matter what I answer you.
Anything mentioned in G-d's word concerning atonement, that SMR was posting about, must be understood in the context that it is the blood that atones.  Exodus 24:3-8 shows that after Moses spoke to the people the words of G-d they agreed to do them -then he sprinkled the blood of the sacrifice on the people.  Without blood there is no remission.  Paul knew this and so did his Jewish readers (Hebrews chapter 9).
(05-15-2023, 09:09 PM)veil23 Wrote:

I'm not sure if I want to have this discussion as I don't want to offend you even if it is not my purpose.

"And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission"

What does Paul mean by that? I don't need to know about Jesus and how he shed his blood for the remission of sin, I want to know what Paul means because obviously he is referring to the Hebrew bible.

I'm not trying to silence your view, just don't want to go off in all different directions.

Thank you Blue Bird.

Please you too try to keep it short and to the point so we don't go off in all different directions.

There is no mention that it means only specific sins that are atoned by blood or that there are other ways to atone for the soul.

... means to me that sins are forgiven or remissioned. I don't understand where you see the difference to the remission of sin in Hebrews.

Honestly I think your mind is in a fight mode and it doesn't really matter what I answer you.
Anything mentioned in G-d's word concerning atonement, that SMR was posting about, must be understood in the context that it is the blood that atones.  Exodus 24:3-8 shows that after Moses spoke to the people the words of G-d they agreed to do them -then he sprinkled the blood of the sacrifice on the people.  Without blood there is no remission.  Paul knew this and so did his Jewish readers (Hebrews chapter 9).

Um, that is your opinion, not what the Hebrew bible says.

Please don't try and "teach" us.

Thank you.
(05-16-2023, 12:38 AM)searchinmyroots Wrote:
(05-15-2023, 09:09 PM)veil23 Wrote:

Thank you Blue Bird.

Um, that is your opinion, not what the Hebrew bible says.

Please don't try and "teach" us.

Thank you.

you cant sweep all that blood under the rug.
There are a lot of other things that are part of atonement besides blood.
(05-18-2023, 01:58 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote: There are a lot of other things that are part of atonement besides blood.

Whatever else you find in the word concerning atonement, it, itself, was sprinkled with blood because Moses sprinkled the blood after he told the people the word and they agreed to it (Proving it ultimately comes down to the blood)Ex 24:7,8).  I am not trying to be mean here but to deny the blood its work and to deny Is 53's meaning -what are you building your life on?
If that's your understanding then there is nothing further for me to say.