The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weather the Storm
Jamie Dimon: The Economic Hurricane

German DAX today down 2,5%, Euro down 1,3%, looming euro crisis, inflation, floods, droughts, fires....

Dow Jones Future -1,02%, Ukraine, Corona, monkey pox, supply chain issues...

So how do you react to all this chaos in the world? Any suggestions on how best to weather the storm?

My ideas are: growing vegetables in the garden and in flower pots, looking for alternative energy sources, appreciating people more than before.

update:

(07-05-2022, 01:05 PM)Blue Bird Wrote: Jamie Dimon: The Economic Hurricane

German DAX today down 2,5%, Euro down 1,3%, looming euro crisis, inflation, floods, droughts, fires....

Dow Jones Future -1,02%, Ukraine, Corona, monkey pox, supply chain issues...

So how do you react to all this chaos in the world? Any suggestions on how best to weather the storm?

My ideas are: growing vegetables in the garden and in flower pots, looking for alternative energy sources, appreciating people more than before.

I like your ideas Blue Bird - simple and productive!

What I might add is to be prepared. Not over-prepared, just to have a little extra things in case there is a shortage. Of course it is pretty impossible to figure out what may be in shortage next (who ever thought toilet paper would be so hard to get??), so just have a little extra of the basics. And maybe some goo books and things that help you with whatever hobby you may have.

I don't see these downturns to be long term.
I'm glad you look confidently into the future. I almost forgot and it's so important.

I also noticed that nature is now exploding, the trees are proudly showing their green robes.

Having a few things in stock is wise in my opinion - and you don't lose anything. If you don't need it in an emergency, you can just consume it. Reducing or paying off debt could also be good.

From time to time I like to watch old children's movies, they are relaxing in a good way.
Oh, there is already a thread on a similar topic by Chavak.

https://www.thehebrewcafe.com/forum/show...hp?tid=236

Using a generator to keep a fridge running in the middle of a snowstorm sounds really funny...unless you're in the midst of it, of course. We had a power outage for several days earlier this year due to fallen trees and the fridge was thawed. It was a mess but an opportunity to clean it up and refill it.
Yes, it is good to be prepared, because you never know when you might need something.

I have a couple of battery generators now that would be able to power my fridge, heat and some A/C for several hours.

I can then charge t hem with solar if the power is still out and get them going again!
A solar generator is a great idea! Can the electricity be taken directly from the battery generator and is it strong enough for the fridge? What does the thing look like and is it available internationally?
(07-06-2022, 08:02 PM)Blue Bird Wrote: A solar generator is a great idea! Can the electricity be taken directly from the battery generator and is it strong enough for the fridge? What does the thing look like and is it available internationally?

Blue Bird,

There are many brands out there but the one I purchased is Bluetti. I'm pretty sure they ship internationally and yes you just plug whatever you want into it (within the limits of course).

As far as powering your fridge, it all depends on the wattage of it. The label inside should list it. That would be the peak wattage when the compressor is running which would not be all the time.

So if you have a fridge that draws 250 watts and you have a 2000 W battery generator, the fridge would stay on for about 8 hours. Probably longer as it wouldn't be pulling the full 250 watts all the time.

Then you have to find a way to recharge your battery generator, either with electricity (which you still may not have), solar (which can be hooked up while the generator is working so you'll get more hours of run time. But you have to have sun for that!), or even your cr can charge it (but that usually takes a long time).

Here is the website of you want to see more - https://www.bluettipower.com/

I have the AC200P (2 actually).
Thank you for this valuable information! I like solar power and even more when it can be used directly on the machine. My father taught electrics, but I don't understand these things.

Can the energy be safely stored after charging? I've seen some videos of burning electric cars.
Good question!

Yes, there have been some instances (very few and mostly in the beginning) where the batteries caught fire. But I think the technology has evolved and there are literally millions of these type battery storage generators sold every year. I think they are pretty safe.

And yes again, that is the purpose of the battery, to store the energy/electricity for when you need it. I charge my battery generators and they hold the charge for a long time. If I don't use mine for 6 months or so, I make sure to use it to drain down to about 10% and then recharge. They say you shouldn't let it sit for longer than 6 months without being used.

The newer products have lifecycle's in the thousands which means you can use it a thousand times before the battery starts to lose it's full capacity. So even if you use it everyday, you'll probably get a good 8-10 years from it. And when it does start to lose it's capacity, it goes down to 80% or so, so you don't lose all of it!

Hope that answers some of your questions, let me know if you any more!
(07-07-2022, 01:24 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote: Good question!

Yes, there have been some instances (very few and mostly in the beginning) where the batteries caught fire. But I think the technology has evolved and there are literally millions of these type battery storage generators sold every year. I think they are pretty safe.

And yes again, that is the purpose of the battery, to store the energy/electricity for when you need it. I charge my battery generators and they hold the charge for a long time. If I don't use mine for 6 months or so, I make sure to use it to drain down to about 10% and then recharge. They say you shouldn't let it sit for longer than 6 months without being used.

The newer products have lifecycle's in the thousands which means you can use it a thousand times before the battery starts to lose it's full capacity. So even if you use it everyday, you'll probably get a good 8-10 years from it. And when it does start to lose it's capacity, it goes down to 80% or so, so you don't lose all of it!

Hope that answers some of your questions, let me know if you any more!

Yes, that answered my questions. It sounds pretty attractive. Modern batteries have amazing durability. I lost an old cell phone and many summers and winters later found it in the car behind the glove box and the battery was still charged. I'm glad to hear the generators are safe. I'm seriously considering buying one. Perhaps not only for emergencies, but also for regular use in summer.