The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where should I go?
(02-06-2023, 01:44 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote: Hello world traveler, you sure are getting around!

Would be interesting if you had a map with all of the places highlighted that you visited!

Hoping you get to travel more, that is after your well deserved rest!

I'm home for two months, then I'm off again. I really do need to get a map. Had an interesting thing happen while I was in Chiang Mai, Thailand. Went to a night market and there was an area where amature artists sold their paintings. There was a black and white painting there of none other than The Rebbe.  I'm sure whoever painted had no idea who it was, as they seemed to just be copying photos of people. Interesting to see it there of all places.
(02-06-2023, 04:39 AM)Chavak Wrote: Hello again from the world traveler. Since my last post I have been to Uzbekistan (a delightful country), Chile/Argentina/Patagonia and I just got home from Singapore/Malaysia/Thailand. I am worn out. The 15 hour flight back from Singapore to LAX has got to have been on the most uncomfortable plane ever made. I am going to to have to look up what type it was and make sure never to fly on it again.

Have you been in colombia,my country?
(03-01-2023, 02:54 AM)Ismq Wrote:
(02-06-2023, 04:39 AM)Chavak Wrote: Hello again from the world traveler. Since my last post I have been to Uzbekistan (a delightful country), Chile/Argentina/Patagonia and I just got home from Singapore/Malaysia/Thailand. I am worn out. The 15 hour flight back from Singapore to LAX has got to have been on the most uncomfortable plane ever made. I am going to to have to look up what type it was and make sure never to fly on it again.

Have you been in colombia,my country?

I am going to Ecuador in September and am thinking of adding on Colombia.
Fill that map Chava!

You certainly have traveled to many places!
(03-08-2023, 01:54 AM)searchinmyroots Wrote: Fill that map Chava!

You certainly have traveled to many places!

and so many more places to travel to!
Another few weeks and off to Turkey, Greece and Scotland. Especially interested in seeing Istanbul and Turkey, have heard so many great things about it and Istanbul looks like a fascinating place. Was supposed to go a couple of years ago but covid took care of that!
Off to more great adventures!

Good for you Chava!

If I may ask, do you go alone or with other people?
(03-31-2023, 11:15 AM)searchinmyroots Wrote: Off to more great adventures!

Good for you Chava!

If I may ask, do you go alone or with other people?

I met two people on FaceBook that I travel with. One lives in LA and we meet up at the destination. The other lady I just met online, and it turns out she lives about 20 miles from me, also has sheep, and is also Jewish. A perfect match. We will be traveling to Spain and Portugal together in June. We go with a tour group but room share to save $$$$ and also have a travel buddy.
That sounds great Chava, glad to hear you have some friends to experience your travels with.
I just got back from a week in Texas (Waco and Dallas/Ft Worth area). Had fun but the heat was awful, I am not used to it. I guess I can eliminate it as a place I might eventually move to.