The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yeshua foreshadowed in the Feasts and Psalms 22
First, happy 75th.
Second, (and I am not trying to step on your toes here) by that logic Israel did not need to submit to Moses or King David since it was not G-d speaking.
We know that is not the case. Moses and the King submitted themselves under the authority of G-d and spoke for Him and as Him. It is this same reason you listen to a police officer when he tells you to hand over your license and registration -because you know what he is saying is coming from the full force of the government he is operating under the authority of. If G-d's words are a lamp then THAT very statement IS G-d's word.
And if I may ask: What state are you from? And Job?
I live in Florida. I am in training for ministry. I am 56 and grew up in upstate New York. I love to run and bike and did 4 years in the USAF.
Let us continue talking about the Hebrew scriptures -I sure do love them.
Moses spoke directly with G-d.

King David wrote poems and music from his connection with G-d, big difference.

I don't recall every police officer following the law the same as judges do not either.

Some "reduce" the crime and do not all follow the letter of the law, or do in different ways.
(05-02-2023, 01:08 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote: Moses spoke directly with G-d.

I don't recall every police officer following the law the same as judges do not either.

Some "reduce" the crime and do not all follow the letter of the law, or do in different ways.

Yes, Moses spoke face to face with G-d but now you have ask yourself: "Why is it Moses had to cover his face with a veil when he came down off the mountain to talk with the people?"  Why couldn't the people receive that glory?  Very interesting, indeed.

Psalm 110 is a Messianic prophecy so David obviously heard directly from G-d.

As for the police officer and the judge -you are arguing the exception and not the rule.  You know what I meant.
(05-03-2023, 04:27 PM)veil23 Wrote:

Yes, Moses spoke face to face with G-d but now you have ask yourself: "Why is it Moses had to cover his face with a veil when he came down off the mountain to talk with the people?"  Why couldn't the people receive that glory?  Very interesting, indeed.

As for the police officer and the judge -you are arguing the exception and not the rule.  You know what I meant.

Exodus 34 says the following -

29 - And it came to pass when Moses descended from Mount Sinai, and the two tablets of the testimony were in Moses' hand when he descended from the mountain and Moses did not know that the skin of his face had become radiant while He had spoken with him
30 - that Aaron and all the children of Israel saw Moses and behold! the skin of his face had become radiant, and they were afraid to come near him.
31 - But Moses called to them, and Aaron and all the princes of the community returned to him, and Moses would speak to them.
32 - Afterwards all the children of Israel would draw near, and he would command them everything that the Lord had spoken with him on Mount Sinai.
33- When Moses had finished speaking with them, he placed a covering over his face.

Only Moses heard directly from G-d. Prophets heard from G-d through dreams and visions.

Looks like Moses placed the veil over his face after he spoke to the Israelites when he came down from the mountain.

Not sure that is the "exception" as I see many crimes and sentences reduced. That seems to be more of the norm to me.
(05-04-2023, 02:15 AM)searchinmyroots Wrote:

29 - And it came to pass when Moses descended from Mount Sinai, and the two tablets of the testimony were in Moses' hand when he descended from the mountain and Moses did not know that the skin of his face had become radiant while He had spoken with him
30 - that Aaron and all the children of Israel saw Moses and behold! the skin of his face had become radiant, and they were afraid to come near him.
31 - But Moses called to them, and Aaron and all the princes of the community returned to him, and Moses would speak to them.
32 - Afterwards all the children of Israel would draw near, and he would command them everything that the Lord had spoken with him on Mount Sinai.
33- When Moses had finished speaking with them, he placed a covering over his face.

Only Moses heard directly from G-d. Prophets heard from G-d through dreams and visions.

Looks like Moses placed the veil over his face after he spoke to the Israelites when he came down from the mountain.

Not sure that is the "exception" as I see many crimes and sentences reduced. That seems to be more of the norm to me.

You may have a point, atleast somewhat, concerning the veil.  The fact still remains that even if (and I say if) Moses delivered a message from G-d with unveiled face he then reveiled it UNTIL he went in before G-d (v35) proving the people of the OT could not really bear to behold it.  Hmmm..I wonder why?  But Moses takes his own veil off when he turns.  And even Moses himself could only see G-d's backside on the mountain for he could not see    G-d's face and live (Ex 33:20) showing something similar to the veil -that in the OT they could not really be with G-d and live..Interesting indeed.
(05-05-2023, 04:15 PM)veil23 Wrote:
(05-04-2023, 02:15 AM)searchinmyroots Wrote:

You may have a point, atleast somewhat, concerning the veil.  The fact still remains that even if (and I say if) Moses delivered a message from G-d with unveiled face he then reveiled it UNTIL he went in before G-d (v35) proving the people of the OT could not really bear to behold it.  Hmmm..I wonder why?  But Moses takes his own veil off when he turns.  And even Moses himself could only see G-d's backside on the mountain for he could not see    G-d's face and live (Ex 33:20) showing something similar to the veil -that in the OT they could not really be with G-d and live..Interesting indeed.

Well first, thank you for admitting I may have a point. That is a step in the right direction.

No one can see G-d period, because G-d is not a thing or a person. There may be manifestations of G-d in the form of angels, burning bushes, clouds, etc, but not of G-d itself.

But what is also interesting indeed, is that they could all hear G-d.
Yes, we all hear Him. And then go one of two directions. We receive what He says plainly and go deeper into Him or we harden ourselves with "perfect" excuses based on what we heard and then get hardened by Him to get what we chose. Yet He is merciful. If one rejects His word He will surely reject them but if one repents they dont have to wonder how will they get the word of G-d to hear and do it. It is not in Heaven where one would say: "who is going to go up and get it for me?" Nor is across the sea: "Who is going to go get it?" No. It is near you -in your heart and in your mouth that you may do it (Deut 30).