The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God's election is sovereign.
(05-09-2023, 11:37 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote:
(05-09-2023, 05:25 PM)veil23 Wrote:
(05-07-2023, 11:47 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote:
(05-07-2023, 09:42 PM)veil23 Wrote: And for the record: jw and mormons are not Christian.

So which of the 10's of thousands of Christian denominations are Christians?

Christians are defined by believing this creed:

Yeshua was born with life in His spirit, of a virgin and therefore into a body capable of sin but did not sin.  He was judged and suffered in hell for our sins and then was raised from the dead back into that same body now glorified.  And if He walked righteous in His body that was capable of sin then we should walk righteous in our bodys that are capable of sin because if one believes this creed in their heart and calls on Yeshua they will have the same life in their spirit as He does in His (Not in His divinity but in His humanity).

Anything short of the above is not a Christian.
jws and mormons (and many others) cannot say that above creed (not without repenting or hardening their heart anyway).

(THIS CANT BE CONSIDERED PROSELYTIZING, I WAS JUST ANSWERING YOUR QUESTION.)

Well, that's your opinion.

If everything each person said was "just our opinion" how does G-d judge the world?  You will say: "G-d is perfect and will judge in truth".
and I would agree.  Well, for Him to judge in truth (the) people on earth must have heard the truth and done what they will with it.  It is precisely this G-d will judge (in truth) each person concerning.

Also, all i said in my definition of a Christian (that you asked about) was that one lives righteously, meaning: they keep G-d's commands.  Rabbi Skobac says keeping the commandments is of upmost importance.  How is it that I, a Christian, am more aligned with his statements than you (because you say it is my opinion)?  But the Rabbi is wrong when he says Christians don't find the commandments binding but just to put "faith" in Jesus.  A Christian finds them even more binding.
(05-11-2023, 03:10 PM)Chavak Wrote: Apparently you don't understand this is a Jewish forum. We are not interested in your Christian theology. We are not interested in being preached at. We've heard all the arguments before and reject them. My opinion? You are really pushing the line. If you want to discuss Judaism and not interject your Christian beliefs, that is fine. Otherwise this may not be the forum for you.

I told "searchinmyroots" I wont refer to the Messiah in the past tense.  But you will argue that anything I say is proselytizing.
I watched all of Rabbi Skobac's "understanding the differences between Judaism and Christianity" and can tell you what he is refuting is not Christianity.
So don't see me as proselytizing but as someone who will show you Christianity.  And if you have a stance that can refute anything I say then I have done you a service, no?
(05-11-2023, 07:45 PM)veil23 Wrote:
(05-11-2023, 03:10 PM)Chavak Wrote: Apparently you don't understand this is a Jewish forum. We are not interested in your Christian theology. We are not interested in being preached at. We've heard all the arguments before and reject them. My opinion? You are really pushing the line. If you want to discuss Judaism and not interject your Christian beliefs, that is fine. Otherwise this may not be the forum for you.

I told "searchinmyroots" I wont refer to the Messiah in the past tense.  But you will argue that anything I say is proselytizing.
I watched all of Rabbi Skobac's "understanding the differences between Judaism and Christianity" and can tell you what he is refuting is not Christianity.
So don't see me as proselytizing but as someone who will show you Christianity.  And if you have a stance that can refute anything I say then I have done you a service, no?
I'm not interested in Christianity. Again, this is a Jewish forum. If I want to learn about Christianity, I will go to a Chrisitian form. Pretty simple, no?
(05-11-2023, 07:37 PM)veil23 Wrote: Also, all i said in my definition of a Christian (that you asked about) was that one lives righteously, meaning: they keep G-d's commands.  Rabbi Skobac says keeping the commandments is of upmost importance.  How is it that I, a Christian, am more aligned with his statements than you (because you say it is my opinion)?  But the Rabbi is wrong when he says Christians don't find the commandments binding but just to put "faith" in Jesus.  A Christian finds them even more binding.

Hmm, I don't think Paul agrees with you.

So which of the "binding commandments" do you keep?

I'm guessing not all of them?
(05-12-2023, 04:41 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote:
(05-11-2023, 07:37 PM)veil23 Wrote: Also, all i said in my definition of a Christian (that you asked about) was that one lives righteously, meaning: they keep G-d's commands.  Rabbi Skobac says keeping the commandments is of upmost importance.  How is it that I, a Christian, am more aligned with his statements than you (because you say it is my opinion)?  But the Rabbi is wrong when he says Christians don't find the commandments binding but just to put "faith" in Jesus.  A Christian finds them even more binding.

Hmm, I don't think Paul agrees with you.

So which of the "binding commandments" do you keep?

I'm guessing not all of them?
     Paul agrees, I assure you.  The difference between the Law and Grace isn't "I must keep the commandments" versus "I dont have to keep the commandments" but is "cant keep the commandments" (under Law) and "can keep them" (under Grace).  The Law prescribed death for adultery to motivate the sinner not to do it (because he had a nature to do it).  But what could not be stopped was the lust in the heart (my so-called obsession with the 10th commandment).  I am sure you have experienced this yourself.  The more you try to stop it the more it is obvious you cannot.  So we see the Law can identify sin but cannot change the heart of the sinner.  A Christian, born of the same spirit of life that is in Yeshua (not proselytizing just answering a question) is freed from this lust and therefore every other sin.  

So all Christians have the power to not sin.  And if they do commit one because they have allowed their emotions and temptations to get the best of them they can be forgiven and cleansed if they repent.  Do many Christians attempt to abuse this?  Yes.  Do many Christians excuse themselves to sin under the banner of "well, Jesus died for me so it is ok!" Yes.  And these types of Christians (If they can still be called Christian) should be warned they are in danger of leaving Yeshua and being lost.  

But to answer your question: I cant remember the last time I sinned.  Because I walk in the light (new nature received at 'born again') and do not excuse myself to sin I have an assurance in my heart of salvation.  And it is in this assurance that as I continue to pray and fast and meditate G-d's word that if there is found what I call "nooks and cranny" type sins, on a very small degree, then i repent and confess them and they get purged.  An example:  I found through prayer a little bit of strife, division and pride that I could not see on my own because it was so intertwined with how I understood G-d's word and there was no way to see it without abandoning G-d's word so I was blind to it.  But after further growth I was built above the strife, division, pride and could see it in the reality it existed in and purge it.  Am I tempted to sin? Of course.  But the New nature has freed the Christian so we dont have to sin.  Does that mean a Christian has to be perfect to go to heaven?  No.  There is a mercy seat of blood to wash more "one-off" type sins away after we die.  But any Christian who abuses that to make an excuse to sin is in grave danger of breaking the covenant of his life and is like one stepping off the Empire State buiding: he may not be dead (spiritually) yet but he has a date with it (the sidewalk).

And for the record:  Paul agrees with me in transition from Romans 7 to Romans 8.  The condemnation of not being able to stop lusting but lusting all the more is the condemnation mentioned in Romans 7.  And because of the law of the spirit of life, in the Christian (Romans 8), that condemnation cant be carried out in me anymore.
(05-11-2023, 11:02 PM)Chavak Wrote:
(05-11-2023, 07:45 PM)veil23 Wrote:

I'm not interested in Christianity. Again, this is a Jewish forum. If I want to learn about Christianity, I will go to a Chrisitian form. Pretty simple, no?
I am talking with you about the Hebrew scriptures.  Rabbi Skobac says that Abraham was chosen to be the progenitor of the Jewish people because, in his intercession between G-d and His judgment on Sodom, he was concerned with the salvation of the wicked (that they can change) along with the just.  The Rabbi says Noah did not do this because when G-d judged the early world and told him to get on the ark -he did (without concern for the wicked (believing they cannot change).  But it was PRECISELY because Noah did that that the human race carried on so wicked men born in the future (you and I) would have an opportunity to change.  And G-d, in both cases (Noah's and Abraham's) still judged and destroyed those who chose not to change (even Lot's wife, looking back with desire to a lifestyle she was leaving behind, did not escape).  Nor will anyone else.