The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Views about Hinduism
(05-04-2023, 02:25 AM)searchinmyroots Wrote:
(05-03-2023, 04:44 PM)veil23 Wrote:
(05-02-2023, 01:11 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote:
(05-01-2023, 05:14 PM)veil23 Wrote: From then everyone from them was born in this sin.  G-d promised a Messiah would come in the future to save man. 

I don't see where either of these 2 statements are written in the Hebrew bible.

"in the day you eat you will die" says G-d to Adam.  Yet Adam lived 930 years from that point meaning his death was spiritual in nature.  G-d killed an animal to get the coat of skins to cover them.  In this G-d spilt blood that covered this sin until the arrival of the seed (coming Messiah) that would destroy the devil (serpent) who had a hold on man through that spiritual death.  In Genesis 6 G-d sees how the imagination of men is only evil, continually (hello to those born of Adam) in sin!) and Jeremiah says the heart of man is desperately wicked (chap 17). And we know what the Hebrew scriptures say they say to those to whom they were given -that EVERY mouth may be stopped (both Jewish and gentile) before G-d.  You are not seeing the forrest for the trees.

Sounds like a lot of "assumptions" here.

Where does it say G-d killed an animal to get the coat of skins? What does Genesis 3 really say?
3:21 - And the Lord God made for Adam and for his wife shirts of skin, and He dressed them.

Where does it say blood was shed to cover the sin? I'll answer that question myself, nowhere!

Where does it say the serpent was a devil? Nowhere!

So G-d saw that mans heart was evil, that doesn't say or prove anything about being born a sinner. It was mans choice. As a mater of fact, the Hebrew bible says something quite contrary -

Genesis 8:21 -
And the Lord smelled the pleasant aroma, and the Lord said to Himself, "I will no longer curse the earth because of man, for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth, and I will no longer smite all living things as I have done. (emphasis mine).

So here we see that G-d Himself says mans heart is evil from his youth, not from birth as you wrote. That is why we are told over and over again to "choose" the good. We need to be old enough to know the difference good and evil, which one cannot possibly know the day of our birth.

You are adding things from Christian theology that are NOT written in the Hebrew bible.

You are seeing the forest through Christian lenses, not what is actually written.

I'll stick with what the Hebrew bible actually says, not something that inserted.

Well, you try to get a coat of animal hide without spilling blood.  Leviticus says to bury the blood (interesting).  And in another place the Hebrew scriptures say the life is in the blood.  These things are all connected.  You would not read a letter from a friend without understanding the context.
If the letter says "I like you less today than yesterday" you would not walk away believing they liked you because you would not take the first three words out of context.  Yes, G-d smelled a pleasant aroma because Noah believed and spilt blood on the alter indicating he believed in a coming redeemer who would spill blood to atone for the sin of Adam that was passed down to everyone.  Yes, evil from his youth as in accountability.  The spiritual death is from birth but the accountability to it is judged from sometime in youth.  How do you know what is the good to be chosen?  Maybe your good has evil in it that you cannot discern.  This is all relative.  Like two men out in empty space placed perpendicular to each other.  One may think he is standing and the other one is lying down but can just as easily, in the next moment, believe he is lying down and the other standing.  Like hitting your brakes at a red light because the car next to you backed up.  It is only when you get a new nature by believing the truth presented to you that you can replace the sin nature inherited from Adam.  As Moses knew..He turned to G-d and took THE VEIL OFF.
(05-05-2023, 04:57 PM)veil23 Wrote:
(05-04-2023, 02:25 AM)searchinmyroots Wrote:
(05-03-2023, 04:44 PM)veil23 Wrote:
(05-02-2023, 01:11 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote:
(05-01-2023, 05:14 PM)veil23 Wrote: From then everyone from them was born in this sin.  G-d promised a Messiah would come in the future to save man. 

I don't see where either of these 2 statements are written in the Hebrew bible.

"in the day you eat you will die" says G-d to Adam.  Yet Adam lived 930 years from that point meaning his death was spiritual in nature.  G-d killed an animal to get the coat of skins to cover them.  In this G-d spilt blood that covered this sin until the arrival of the seed (coming Messiah) that would destroy the devil (serpent) who had a hold on man through that spiritual death.  In Genesis 6 G-d sees how the imagination of men is only evil, continually (hello to those born of Adam) in sin!) and Jeremiah says the heart of man is desperately wicked (chap 17). And we know what the Hebrew scriptures say they say to those to whom they were given -that EVERY mouth may be stopped (both Jewish and gentile) before G-d.  You are not seeing the forrest for the trees.

Sounds like a lot of "assumptions" here.

Where does it say G-d killed an animal to get the coat of skins? What does Genesis 3 really say?
3:21 - And the Lord God made for Adam and for his wife shirts of skin, and He dressed them.

Where does it say blood was shed to cover the sin? I'll answer that question myself, nowhere!

Where does it say the serpent was a devil? Nowhere!

So G-d saw that mans heart was evil, that doesn't say or prove anything about being born a sinner. It was mans choice. As a mater of fact, the Hebrew bible says something quite contrary -

Genesis 8:21 -
And the Lord smelled the pleasant aroma, and the Lord said to Himself, "I will no longer curse the earth because of man, for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth, and I will no longer smite all living things as I have done. (emphasis mine).

So here we see that G-d Himself says mans heart is evil from his youth, not from birth as you wrote. That is why we are told over and over again to "choose" the good. We need to be old enough to know the difference good and evil, which one cannot possibly know the day of our birth.

You are adding things from Christian theology that are NOT written in the Hebrew bible.

You are seeing the forest through Christian lenses, not what is actually written.

I'll stick with what the Hebrew bible actually says, not something that inserted.

Well, you try to get a coat of animal hide without spilling blood.  Leviticus says to bury the blood (interesting).  And in another place the Hebrew scriptures say the life is in the blood.  These things are all connected.  You would not read a letter from a friend without understanding the context.
If the letter says "I like you less today than yesterday" you would not walk away believing they liked you because you would not take the first three words out of context.  Yes, G-d smelled a pleasant aroma because Noah believed and spilt blood on the alter indicating he believed in a coming redeemer who would spill blood to atone for the sin of Adam that was passed down to everyone.  Yes, evil from his youth as in accountability.  The spiritual death is from birth but the accountability to it is judged from sometime in youth.  How do you know what is the good to be chosen?  Maybe your good has evil in it that you cannot discern.  This is all relative.  Like two men out in empty space placed perpendicular to each other.  One may think he is standing and the other one is lying down but can just as easily, in the next moment, believe he is lying down and the other standing.  Like hitting your brakes at a red light because the car next to you backed up.  It is only when you get a new nature by believing the truth presented to you that you can replace the sin nature inherited from Adam.  As Moses knew..He turned to G-d and took THE VEIL OFF.

I don't have to try and get a coat of an animal without spilling blood, but G-d certainly can. Don't forget, G-d created everything in the Universe, so why couldn't He create a coat? And again, you are reading something that isn't there, making assumptions about things that we cannot be 100% sure of.

It says G-d made skins, it doesn't say they were animal skins and it most certainly doesn't say anything about either animals or blood. If both are so essential to your beliefs, why are neither mentioned?

Yes, Leviticus says to bury the blood, it also says not to eat it, why do you leave out the rest of the text which is the main content? You're not adhering to your own cause in reference to your letter.

Your statement about Noah is all inserted theology, nothing is said about that.

How do I know what is the good to be chosen? Are you really asking me that question? I'm sorry, please take a moment to think abut that and see if you can come up with the answer to your own question.

A new born baby is not a sinner and does not have a spiritual death, again, that is just Christian theology.

I understand the Hebrew bible for what it actually says, not what others insert that changes it.
Oh, they (animals and blood) are mentioned. Again, the scriptures are a whole image. You cant take out a brush stroke by itself and interpret it. Also,
If the scriptures mentioned every detail at every turn the resulting scroll would be twenty feet thick. Yes, you were not to eat of the blood but only use it in sacrifice as it symbolized the coming Messiah. But once he (no tense so no proselytizing) come you must get that life (of the blood) in you. And this speaks to my other comment in another section -about people who hear the word of G-d yet find "perfect excuses" not to obey it. Yeshua was talking with some that did not believe in Him though they plainly saw Him for who he is. He said you better drink my blood. Now the unbelieving have their "perfect excuse" because a Hebrew was not allowed to drink blood. But all Yeshua meant was "you have to get my life in you".
I know the good to be chosen because with Him is the fountain of life and in His light I see light (Psalm 36).
You are not seeing the Hebrew scriptures for what they say but you have made them a mirror of what you want to believe. Psalm 27 has a great "mirror" verse. G-d said "SEEK my FACE" and my heart said to Him: "thy FACE will I SEEK.
(05-07-2023, 09:37 PM)veil23 Wrote: You are not seeing the Hebrew scriptures for what they say but you have made them a mirror of what you want to believe. 

Ditto
(05-07-2023, 10:30 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote:
(05-07-2023, 09:37 PM)veil23 Wrote: You are not seeing the Hebrew scriptures for what they say but you have made them a mirror of what you want to believe. 

Ditto

Exactly.  And that should tell you something.  Everyone brings core beliefs to the table.  You know -the underlying thought, doctrine that filters every other thought.  G-d's word is mighty to pull down those core beliefs we bring to the table.  How can darkness see light?  It cant.  This means the Messiah must pay the judgment of that darkness to have the authority to light those core beliefs in us And IN HIS LIGHT WE SEE LIGHT (Psalm 36) to accept His word and have our core nature of darkness changed.  In this light we can look with unveiled face INTO THE FACE OF G-D and be changed.  Be changed from a sinner to a son of G-d.  Moses gave us a parable of this:  When he turned to the L-rd he took the veil off (Ex 34:34,35).
(05-09-2023, 05:09 PM)veil23 Wrote:

Ditto

Exactly.  And that should tell you something.  Everyone brings core beliefs to the table.  You know -the underlying thought, doctrine that filters every other thought.  G-d's word is mighty to pull down those core beliefs we bring to the table.  How can darkness see light?  It cant.  This means the Messiah must pay the judgment of that darkness to have the authority to light those core beliefs in us And IN HIS LIGHT WE SEE LIGHT (Psalm 36) to accept His word and have our core nature of darkness changed.  In this light we can look with unveiled face INTO THE FACE OF G-D and be changed.  Be changed from a sinner to a son of G-d.  Moses gave us a parable of this:  When he turned to the L-rd he took the veil off (Ex 34:34,35).

You're just regurgitating the same Christian theology over and over again.

We've heard it over and over again for thousands of years and it still doesn't change what the Hebrew bible teaches.
(05-09-2023, 11:36 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote:

Ditto

We've heard it over and over again for thousands of years and it still doesn't change what the Hebrew bible teaches.

Come on, you and I both know there are things people think and feel that they don't talk about at parties and hide from G-d as if He cant see it.
The Hebrew scriptures say in His light those things can be taken away and something new put in their place.  Why did Moses put the serpent on the pole, for the people to look at for healing, instead of a lamb?  Seems he would have put a lamb, the sacrifice to atone, right?  But he put the serpent on it to show that as we look, those deep down thoughts we lock away and deny, can be done away with and the looker, healed.
(05-11-2023, 07:57 PM)veil23 Wrote:

Ditto

Come on, you and I both know there are things people think and feel that they don't talk about at parties and hide from G-d as if He cant see it.
The Hebrew scriptures say in His light those things can be taken away and something new put in their place.  Why did Moses put the serpent on the pole, for the people to look at for healing, instead of a lamb?  Seems he would have put a lamb, the sacrifice to atone, right?  But he put the serpent on it to show that as we look, those deep down thoughts we lock away and deny, can be done away with and the looker, healed.

Are you sure it was a lamb that is sacrificed to atone?
(05-12-2023, 04:21 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote:
(05-11-2023, 07:57 PM)veil23 Wrote:
(05-07-2023, 10:30 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote: Ditto

Are you sure it was a lamb that is sacrificed to atone?
Actually, no.  Not sure.  But whether lamb, goat, ram or other it was an innocent victim's blood that signified the atonement.  So again, why the serpent on the pole and not the innocent victim?  Interesting indeed.