The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What about the prophecies of old testament?
(06-30-2020, 09:25 PM)Ismq Wrote: How the judaism explain the phropecies about jesus?e.g isaiah 53: 3-12.

(07-01-2020, 08:00 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote: George,

First of all, I changed your font size as there is no need to make it as large as you had it.

Second, the question was asked about the prophecies of Jesus which are none, so I'm not sure why you made this long post George, it's a little out of character for you.

I'm guessing you are referring to the book written by Douglas Pyle? 

It is not proper to just quote a single line as we then do not know the true content of what was written.

Plus, some of what you wrote is not correct. We never had one voice for 1000 years saying Isaiah 53 refers to Messiah and then changed it to Israel.

So all that you copied from the book cannot be understood properly and should not be used as an answer to the question.

I think the question should be answered in context which is what I plan on doing.

In the meantime, you might want to read what Rabbi Schulman writes in great detail about these quotes.

https://judaismsanswer.com/Isaiah53TalmudMidrash.htm

You might find the rest of his website useful in answering your questions as well - https://judaismsanswer.com/

(07-02-2020, 10:27 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote: I just read your post again and I see you made some revisions.

So yes, the servant was rejected.

Yes, the servant would not open his mouth.

No, nothing about crucified with criminals, where does it say that?

No, nothing about being a sacrifice for sin, where does it say that?

You cannot take a line here and there and understand the content unless you read and understand the whole of what is written.

Since I answered your questions, maybe you can answer mine -

Did Jesus have many deaths?

Is Jesus in the plural?

Was Jesus wounded from the sin of others and by his knowledge we are justified?

Was Jesus guilty of sin?

All of this is clearly written in Isaiah 53. If just one of the answers is no, then it cannot apply to Jesus.

The book was written b Rachmiel Frydland.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What about the prophecies of old testament? - by George - 07-03-2020, 03:03 PM