The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/jaihare/thehebrewcafe.com/forum/inc/languages/english/replyban.lang.php:1) - Line: 1939 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.2.34 (Linux)
File Line Function
[PHP]   errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1939 header
/inc/functions.php 2009 my_setcookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 665 mark_thread_read




Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Jewish beliefs about death
#11
(11-07-2020, 05:13 AM)Jason wrote:
(11-06-2020, 10:00 PM)Ismq wrote: What about daniel 12:2?

Judaism isn't monolithic. It changed over time. Daniel is probably the latest book in the canon, and the idea of resurrection had entered the Jewish milieu of ideas by that time. It became a staple teaching during the time after the Babylonian Exile.

You mean that the daniel's vision was not true?
Reply
#12
(11-07-2020, 06:59 PM)Ismq wrote: You mean that the daniel's vision was not true?

That came out of nowhere. LOL

There are certain teachings that are standard teachings within Judaism today that were not standard in past times. The concept of the resurrection is one of the Rambam's essential doctrines of Judaism. You will not find any mention of the resurrection in the Torah itself. Why is that? It is a doctrine that took shape later -- during the Exile and after.

The simplistic "it's not true" or "it is true" judgment isn't really worth our time.
Reply
#13
(11-07-2020, 08:03 PM)Jason wrote:
(11-07-2020, 06:59 PM)Ismq wrote: You mean that the daniel's vision was not true?

That came out of nowhere. LOL

There are certain teachings that are standard teachings within Judaism today that were not standard in past times. The concept of the resurrection is one of the Rambam's essential doctrines of Judaism. You will not find any mention of the resurrection in the Torah itself. Why is that? It is a doctrine that took shape later -- during the Exile and after.

The simplistic "it's not true" or "it is true" judgment isn't really worth our time.
Only the torah is considered standard? What about the others book of tanakh?
Reply
#14
(11-07-2020, 09:21 PM)Ismq wrote: Only the torah is considered standard? What about the others book of tanakh?

I don't believe in plenary inspiration of the biblical texts. You're asking the wrong person. I believe the Bible is entirely a human product. I don't think that God is in the business of writing books.
Reply
#15
(11-08-2020, 07:43 AM)Jason wrote:
(11-07-2020, 09:21 PM)Ismq wrote: Only the torah is considered standard? What about the others book of tanakh?

I don't believe in plenary inspiration of the biblical texts. You're asking the wrong person. I believe the Bible is entirely a human product. I don't think that God is in the business of writing books.
Then you don't believe in plenary what says the tanakh about the messiah.
Reply
#16
(11-09-2020, 04:49 AM)Ismq wrote: Then you don't believe in plenary what says the tanakh about the messiah.

Which is?
בקש שלום ורדפהו
Reply
#17
(11-09-2020, 04:38 PM)RabbiO wrote:
(11-09-2020, 04:49 AM)Ismq wrote: Then you don't believe in plenary what says the tanakh about the messiah.

Which is?
What you mean?
Reply
#18
(11-10-2020, 09:03 PM)Ismq wrote:
(11-09-2020, 04:38 PM)RabbiO wrote:
(11-09-2020, 04:49 AM)Ismq wrote: Then you don't believe in plenary what says the tanakh about the messiah.

Which is?
What you mean?

If I'm not mistaken, RabbiO is asking you where in Tanach it talks about the messiah.
Reply
#19
(11-10-2020, 09:46 PM)searchinmyroots wrote:
(11-10-2020, 09:03 PM)Ismq wrote:
(11-09-2020, 04:38 PM)RabbiO wrote:
(11-09-2020, 04:49 AM)Ismq wrote: Then you don't believe in plenary what says the tanakh about the messiah.

Which is?
What you mean?

If I'm not mistaken, RabbiO is asking you where in Tanach it talks about the messiah.

I don't understand.does not the tanakh talks about the messiah?
Reply
#20
(11-12-2020, 10:16 PM)Ismq wrote: I don't understand.does not the tanakh talks about the messiah?

The Hebrew word for messiah, Mashiach, simply means "the one anointed with oil". There are many Mashiachs in the Hebrew bible. If I'm not mistaken, almost every King was one. Even Cyrus who wasn't a Jewish King is mentioned as a Mashiach.

There are references of a redeemer and one who will be as a Mashiach though it is not mentioned specifically as "The Messiah".
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)