The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1621) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1621 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simulated Debate
(02-22-2021, 03:25 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote:
(02-22-2021, 02:27 PM)Dana Wrote: No. I overlooked the part that it was a simulation, and listened in for the argument from the other side of which there was none. Typing from phone.  That explains why there was no pushback. Thanks for pointing that out.

Yes, I would think if an actual Christian was debating they would have more to say, whether relevant or not.

But remember, the simulated Jew for Jesus was once a believer in the Christian faith. So he knows how they would respond.

If he were to bring up even more proof texts, the debate might have been 3 hours long, double the time!!

Agreed!  He does know how they would respond. This time I went back and listened carefully to the beginning. Well done with a touch of humor on Juliss Ciss side with that T-shirt.
(02-22-2021, 11:24 PM)Ismq Wrote:
(02-22-2021, 10:48 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote:
(02-22-2021, 09:09 PM)Ismq Wrote: "For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power" 1 corinthians 4:20

"And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power" 1 cor 2:4. 

And what exactly are we supposed to do with this?

It seems you have the same thought process as the messianic debater.

The only reason I am leaving this post is because once again we see the sharp contrast between Judaism and Christianity.

Christianity teaches the above, words mean nothing.

G-d tells us in the Hebrew bible to learn and teach, to know (which is knowledge).

I'll take G-d's side all the time.
The signs,miracles..etc confirms that the gospel is the truth.and that God confirms his word.

And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover. Mark 16:17.

Umm, looks like you are going back to preaching mode, that is not welcome here lest you forget.

I changed your font size back to normal as it is out of line to do that. We can read what you wrote with the normal font thank you.

Maybe signs, miracles,etc confirms the gospel is your truth, but it certainly is not the truth of the Hebrew bible.

Once again, I'll take G-d's word over what the Christian bible teaches, specifically Deuteronomy 13.

So I'm asking you kindly to refrain from posting Christian verses that have nothing to do with what G-d teaches in the Hebrew bible. No matter how many you post, it still doesn't change a thing.

It is knowing, knowledge and keeping the commandments that make us close with G-d.

Hosea 4:6 explains it well.
(02-22-2021, 11:39 PM)Dana Wrote:
(02-22-2021, 03:25 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote:
(02-22-2021, 02:27 PM)Dana Wrote: No. I overlooked the part that it was a simulation, and listened in for the argument from the other side of which there was none. Typing from phone.  That explains why there was no pushback. Thanks for pointing that out.

Yes, I would think if an actual Christian was debating they would have more to say, whether relevant or not.

But remember, the simulated Jew for Jesus was once a believer in the Christian faith. So he knows how they would respond.

If he were to bring up even more proof texts, the debate might have been 3 hours long, double the time!!

Agreed!  He does know how they would respond. This time I went back and listened carefully to the beginning. Well done with a touch of humor on Juliss Ciss side with that T-shirt.

Glad you liked it Dana.

Smile
Every ancient faith claims that they had miracles. It's very convenient that no such miracles happen today. Christianity does not have "power" or even "magic." It's all smoke and mirrors.
(02-23-2021, 11:16 AM)Jason Wrote: Every ancient faith claims that they had miracles. It's very convenient that no such miracles happen today. Christianity does not have "power" or even "magic." It's all smoke and mirrors.

God has revealed that a great revival will occur more powerful that all that have ocurred before,where God will do astounding things so the world may see,and witness.and the people will tell that the church of christ has power,and also against the rulers,authorities,spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
(02-22-2021, 02:13 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote:
(02-22-2021, 09:48 AM)Blue Bird Wrote: Yeah let's fight  Angry Angry Angry !!!

Well, it's not really a fight, it's a debate, there is a difference.

We're not here to fight, just to defend.

That was a quick reaction to the picture. It looks like a fight, doesn't it? I long so much for a peaceful encounter but that will probably never happen.
(02-23-2021, 08:12 PM)Ismq Wrote: God has revealed that a great revival will occur,where God will do astounding things so the world may see,and witness.and the people will tell that the church of christ has power,and also against the rulers,authorities,spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

Good luck with that. Every cult thinks they have power that they don't have.
(02-23-2021, 08:39 PM)Blue Bird Wrote:
(02-22-2021, 02:13 PM)searchinmyroots Wrote:
(02-22-2021, 09:48 AM)Blue Bird Wrote: Yeah let's fight  Angry Angry Angry !!!

Well, it's not really a fight, it's a debate, there is a difference.

We're not here to fight, just to defend.

That was a quick reaction to the picture. It looks like a fight, doesn't it? I long so much for a peaceful encounter but that will probably never happen.

You're right!

I neglected the boxing gloves that starts the video!

Boxing gloves sure do insinuate a fight!

But if you watch the video, it's just a peaceful debate. Smile
(02-23-2021, 08:12 PM)Ismq Wrote: God has revealed that a great revival will occur more powerful that all that have ocurred before,where God will do astounding things so the world may see,and witness.and the people will tell that the church of christ has power,and also against the rulers,authorities,spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

He has??

Do you have proof that Christianity has the truth as written in the Christian bible?

Why should I believe anything that is written in it if it doesn't even line up with the Hebrew bible it says it is quoting?

What makes your belief any truer than what all the others claim?

The answer is -

No one can prove anything unless it happens.

So either one of us are right, or all of us are wrong!
I'm sorry if i have broken the rules of the forum.sometimes one want to answer too.